Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAP Bike Park, Glencullen (no longer a rumour!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    looked into it before, bone lazy to convert. bike setup for it and all

Laziness drove me to convert to tubeless.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    https://thegap.wpengine.com/

Still a work in progress. Je parle juste un peu francais I actually have no idea what language that is. It reads like Latin or something

It is Latin. It's used as placeholder text for a lot of content generators to show you where you can put text when you first create a page.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Lemming wrote: »
    It is Latin. It's used as placeholder text for a lot of content generators to show you where you can put text when you first create a page.

Everyday's a school day. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Surprised they have an unfinished website live.
    It looks like a class set up though, i imagine other trail centres will be ghost towns initially.

Bike park Ireland may suffer as well, decent contingent comes down from the east coast for that place.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,608 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

it's latin in the sense that the words are latin, but it's a little meaningless; through google translate:

"For the consumer, but the salad. The results do not have a password valley hairstyle. Even ecological Reserved life dui thermal cycle. Unfortunately, the author wants kids. Manufacturing a recipe sapien. But she always liked that the mass of real estate, in tristique metus malesuada."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,519 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

"For the consumer, but the salad. The results do not have a password valley hairstyle. Even ecological Reserved life dui thermal cycle. Unfortunately, the author wants kids. Manufacturing a recipe sapien. But she always liked that the mass of real estate, in tristique metus malesuada."

Salad and a haircut, for a tenner! Where would you get it!

it's latin in the sense that the words are latin, but it's a little meaningless; through google translate:

I wouldn't trust Google translate to translate from English to English never mind anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

I wouldn't trust Google translate to translate from English to English never mind anything else.

He's right though; the text is gibberish. Putting up a wall of text in a major language would be very obvious and distracting. So Latin is used because .. well ... how many people do you know who can read Latin without using google translation tools? Its sole purpose is to show the text presentation/layout for a page; particularly useful for pages where paragraphs wrap around other elements of a page like images or whatever (think newspaper columns, etc.)

Anyway, wayyyyy off topic. Apologies :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

He's right though; the text is gibberish. Putting up a wall of text in a major language would be very obvious and distracting. So Latin is used because .. well ... how many people do you know who can read Latin without using google translation tools? Its sole purpose is to show the text presentation/layout for a page; particularly useful for pages where paragraphs wrap around other elements of a page like images or whatever (think newspaper columns, etc.)

Anyway, wayyyyy off topic. Apologies :D

Lorem Ipsum...

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,430 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Thread title changed following suggestion from a poster

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭The Noble Nudge

Secure bike storage facility...
    Secure parking... €5 per day lad working up there telling me today.
    He mentioned its an invite only for this weekend but not sure of the exact details so dont quote me on it...

Possiby just posting whats on FB I dont have it so word of mouth

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Website is online now: www.thegap.ie

€5 day pass (to ride your own bike and not use uplifts) which is more than fair.

Uplift fees are hefty enough though.

Anyone going up tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

€5 day pass

now we're talking :)

Alek wrote: »
    now we're talking :)

You won't need any help with uplifts anyway dude ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,845 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Big Nasty wrote: »
    Anyone going up tomorrow?

Open to the public from the 27th only...?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

You won't need any help with uplifts anyway dude

I was thinking of coming with a bungee cord and offering uplifts for a beer.

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    Yea Invite only! No good to me...

:p:p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭catrat12

I normally cycle up around that way just wondering whats to stop people entering the tracks from different ways

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

catrat12 wrote: »
    I normally cycle up around that way just wondering whats to stop people entering the tracks from different ways

Honesty?

Nothing! ;)

512234-bigthumbnail.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭catrat12

You could be right the locals are a bit mad alright

The €5 usually covers parking toilets and facilities. It's more than a reasonable price to pay if you're going to use the trails.

I wouldn't be bothered with the up lifts as theyll probably be jammers and I'd say the entry might go up due to lack of up lift use. Looking forward to giving it a spin. I think I'll give tick nock a rattle on opening day of say it'll be quiet enough. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭StevieGriff

Conscience?
    This sort of attitude toward purpose built trail centres drives me mental. Would you sneak into a golf course or cinema simply because it's your locality?

is this doable without paying for uplifts? whats the climb like to the start of the trails? somebody has taken the risk of setting up this fantastic business, 5 quid is nothing for most for a day of fun. i wouldnt dream of trying to sneak in for the sake of a few quid, businesses only survive with our support. i wish them the very best

is this doable without paying for uplifts? whats the climb like to the start of the trails? somebody has taken the risk of setting up this fantastic business, 5 quid is nothing for most for a day of fun. i wouldnt dream of trying to sneak in for the sake of a few quid, businesses only survive with our support. i wish them the very best

It's grand nothing comparable to rostrevor if you've cycled up that. The uplift is great for a quick turn around and constant down hill fun but unless they're an escalator I'd say it will be busy.

They've fenced it all off from Coilte land and are putting a gate in. As said earlier it's only €5 anyway.

You could do the forest trails multiple times but if you're going top to bottom cycling up would get old real quick.

It's grand nothing comparable to rostrevor if you've cycled up that. The uplift is great for a quick turn around and constant down hill fun but unless they're an escalator I'd say it will be busy.

havent been to rostrevor yet but ive been to bike park a bit and i wouldnt consider doing that without uplift

• Advertisement

havent been to rostrevor yet but ive been to bike park a bit and i wouldnt consider doing that without uplift

I think the issue here will possibly be short trails and lads flying down to queue for an uplift. BPI has nice long trails.

Rostrevor climb isn't much fun do it once and you'll be using the uplift on the next run. :)

I think Davagh forest has a similar one not as severe but still tough I think they call it heart break hill or heart attack hill something along those lines anyway.

Advertisement