If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advice needed re receiver and speakers!

Options
  • 31-07-2016 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Hi,[/font]
    [font=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Currently have an monitor audio asb2 soundbar. I will soon have more room so want to upgrade to floor or wall speakers and a receiver. I'm happy to go for new or used speakers to get better value, but don't want to pay more than about 800 for the speakers. [/font]
    [font=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Looking at the Yamaha rn602 receiver, want to have internet and normal radio, Apple AirPlay, power output is 80x2, woofer output, optical input. This seems to have what I want. [/font]
    [font=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Anyone any ideas on this model?[/font]
    [font=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Is the 80x2 power output strong enough?[/font]
    [font=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Would there be a delay when playing sound from tv ie lip sinking?[/font]
    [font=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Anyone recommend any speakers?[/font]
    [font=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Any input would be great. ( I posted this in amps and speaker thread but wanted your opinion)[/font]
    Do you have a shop in Dublin? If not do you deliver?
    [font=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Thanks[/font]

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Hi,[/font]
    [font=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Currently have an monitor audio asb2 soundbar. I will soon have more room so want to upgrade to floor or wall speakers and a receiver. I'm happy to go for new or used speakers to get better value, but don't want to pay more than about 800 for the speakers. [/font]
    [font=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Looking at the Yamaha rn602 receiver, want to have internet and normal radio, Apple AirPlay, power output is 80x2, woofer output, optical input. This seems to have what I want. [/font]
    [font=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Anyone any ideas on this model?[/font]
    [font=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Is the 80x2 power output strong enough?[/font]
    [font=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Would there be a delay when playing sound from tv ie lip sinking?[/font]
    [font=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Anyone recommend any speakers?[/font]
    [font=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Any input would be great. ( I posted this in amps and speaker thread but wanted your opinion)[/font]
    Do you have a shop in Dublin? If not do you deliver?
    [font=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Thanks[/font]
    Hey Kopite Davo.

I personally like the RN602 and we have had it running in our Demo room with several sets of speakers and it performed very well indeed.
    Currently priced at £339.00
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-201953-rn602.aspx

There should be no issue with lip sinking from the TV, what TV are you using as many screens now have the function to correct the audio delay to fix lip sinking.

80 watts per channel is good for a stereo amp. The like of the PM6005 operates at 45W per channel. Even the Arcam FMJ which is priced at £649 runs at a maximum of 45W per channel.

Is the 800 for the speaker in sterling or Euro? Let me know and I can put up a few options.

There is no store in Dublin, just ourselves here in Belfast. We do offer shipping to the whole of Ireland for just £6.99

Let me know what you think.

Any questions please drop me a post.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭kopite davo

hi, thanks for reply. i used to in the liverpool store when i lived there. good shop.
    my tv is a sony x-series lcd.a few years old now but a cracker tv. i have no issues with the lip sink on the asb2 but its running straight into it, just was thinking of the optical into the receiver then the speakers.
    the 800 is in euro, but thinking more about i would go 500-800.
    unsure if want floor, stand or put them the wall. would the floor have better sound?
    i like the look of the dali speakers, seem to have good reviews, how do they compare to MA?
    some options would be great. 
    i will go for the  yamaha receiver, have read good things about it.
    thanks
    dave

forgot to ask, can the bookshelf speakers be wall mounted?

forgot to ask, can the bookshelf speakers be wall mounted?
    Hi Kopite Davo,

Bookshelf speakers can indeed be wall mounted. You would need a set of B-Tech BT77 wall brackets to do this at £30.

With regards to floorstander vs bookshelf it really depends on the size of the room/quality of the speaker. For larger rooms floorstanders are better as they have an extra mid/bass driver which gives a deeper sound and fills out larger spaces. However a better quality bookshelf speaker will give you a much better sound than a budget floorstander. To this end, my favourite mid range speakers are actually the Monitor Audio Silver 1s. For small to mid sized rooms they are fantastic. Very detailed sound and a tight, punchy bass. In Euro you would be looking 699.99 for these. There is also a larger version called the Silver 2 which would suit larger rooms. You would be looking around 830 Euros for these.

Let me know if either of these suit you.

Many thanks

David

hi kenny, 
    prob will go with the bookshelf speakers i think now that i can keep them out the way of little fingers.
    just out of interest, how do the sensor 3's match up to the silver 1's ??
    i've read good reports on them. i will prob add a woofer at some point. i think the yamaha takes a woofer.
    thanks
    dave

• Advertisement

hi kenny, 
    prob will go with the bookshelf speakers i think now that i can keep them out the way of little fingers.
    just out of interest, how do the sensor 3's match up to the silver 1's ??
    i've read good reports on them. i will prob add a woofer at some point. i think the yamaha takes a woofer.
    thanks
    dave
    Hey Kopite Davo.

The Zensor 3's are nice speakers but in my opinion the Silver 1's are a better sounding speaker.

The RN602 does indeed have a sub pre out so you could add one in at a later date.

I had the silver 1's running along with the RN602 in our demo as was thinking of this setup for myself at home. Sounded very good!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.