Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RAW 1-8-16

• 01-08-2016 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭

WWE_Raw_2016_logo.png

3 weeks out from Summerslam, can RAW keep up it's blistering start from last week? Guess we'll find out... Oh and he's baaaaaaack

wpid-lesnar72.jpg

No word if he'll be accompanied by Paul Heyman..

Here's what to expect..

Who will suffer Brock Lesnar’s wrath?
    We haven’t seen Brock Lesnar in a WWE ring since he defeated Dean Ambrose in a No Holds Barred Street Fight at this year’s WrestleMania, and The Beast Incarnate won’t wait until he battles Randy Orton at SummerSlam to make his presence felt in WWE’s New Era. Live in Atlanta, The Anomaly brings his menace to Raw.

Even though The Viper has slithered his way to SmackDown Live, Orton will be paying close attention to whatever Lesnar has in store. Raw General Manager Mick Foley will definitely have his hands full keeping the peace Monday night, when The Anomaly enters The New Era for the first time.

Will Seth Rollins halt the rise of Finn Bálor?
    On his first night as a Raw Superstar – and on his birthday, no less – Finn Bálor defeated three elite Superstars in a Fatal 4-Way Match, withstood the might of Roman Reigns and stood victorious at the end of the night, earning the right to face Seth Rollins in the first-ever WWE Universal Championship Match at SummerSlam.

WWE.com captured footage of Rollins witnessing Bálor’s main event victory over The Big Dog, and The Architect was uncharacteristically silent as the enigmatic Irishman celebrated. Does this quiet contemplation mean Rollins is confident about his upcoming clash with Raw’s hottest newcomer, or is he apprehensive about standing across the ring from Bálor? Expect to hear from Rollins this Monday night.

Sasha Banks and Charlotte prepare for Round 2
    In one of the most emotional championship victories in the history of Raw, Sasha Banks made Charlotte submit to the Bank Statement this past Monday night to capture the WWE Women’s Title. The victory was a testament to The Boss’ tenacity and desire to lead the Women’s division in The New Era.

Charlotte has already invoked her rematch clause, and will attempt to reclaim her prize at SummerSlam. Will the bitter, newly former WWE Women’s Champion also seek some early vengeance Monday night?

Who will face Braun Strowman?
    Last Monday night, local competitor James Ellsworth thought he had a fighting chance against the imposing Braun Strowman … he was wrong. The near-400 pound goliath utterly demolished his smaller foe in a shocking show of force, punctuated by a rarely seen reverse chokeslam, proving that The New Era just might be his for the taking.

Undoubtedly, Strowman will look to continue his dominance Monday night in Atlanta, but will anyone be brave enough — or foolish enough — to stand across the ring from this monster?

Will The New Day rebound against Gallows & Anderson?
    They’re the longest-reigning WWE Tag Team Champions in history, Booty-O’s cereal is now available at FYE.com and they have an honorary fourth member named “Sonny Boy.” But why aren’t Kofi Kingston, Xavier Woods & Big E still celebrating? For that, you can blame Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson, who crashed The New Day’s party last Monday and laid out the WWE Tag Team Champions in a savage show of force.

Despite their penchant for fun and games, The New Day won’t be joking around when it comes to their response to Gallows & Anderson’s brutality this Monday night in Atlanta.

Tune in to Raw on Sky Sports 5 at 01:00, and as usual the Whatculture W.T.F Moments will be posted sometime on Tuesday afternoon/evening.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,234 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Wonder what kind of reception Brock will get? Roman got heavily booed for his incident.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,976 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I thought I read somewhere a few weeks back that Heyman's contract is up and they haven't been able to reach an agreement for him to sign a new one.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

J. Marston wrote: »
    Wonder what kind of reception Brock will get? Roman got heavily booed for his incident.

People like Brock though...

Think a lot will have to do with if (and I suspect he will be) Paul Heyman is with him as Paulie will nullify any crowd imo that said if Heyman isn't there Brock probably won't be doing much talking anyway and will instead just attack someone which the fans will love.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Brock vs. Reigns in a syringe on a pole match.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

People like Brock though...

Think a lot will have to do with if (and I suspect he will be) Paul Heyman is with him as Paulie will nullify any crowd imo that said if Heyman isn't there Brock probably won't be doing much talking anyway and will instead just attack someone which the fans will love.

And that's the difference between Brock & Roman, plus when you have one of the best talkers in the business on your side, the crowd will immediately gravitate to your side..

Brock sans Heyman tonight would be odd, but it's happened before, though if I were a betting man, I'd say Heyman WILL BE THERE..

Probably toss some jobbers in Brock's path as a demonstration of sorts for Randy, i.e the possible fate that awaits him at SummerSlam, and have it serve as a reminder/your all on notice thing to everyone on the roster, Brock Lesnar does what Brock Lesnar wants..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I think tonight is going to be an even more important night for Finn as it would seem a certainty he will have to do some promos tonight.

Last week it was all about his wrestling and a thirty second backstage segment with Roman. This week he's likely going to be in the ring introducing himself to the Raw audience, perhaps even having a back-and-forth verbal exchange with Seth Rollins (who is good on the mic)

If Finn is going to convince Vince that he belongs at this level then he is going to have to do okay with his promos. Fingers crossed for him.

I think tonight is going to be an even more important night for Finn as it would seem a certainty he will have to do some promos tonight.

Last week it was all about his wrestling and a thirty second backstage segment with Roman. This week he's likely going to be in the ring introducing himself to the Raw audience, perhaps even having a back-and-forth verbal exchange with Seth Rollins (who is good on the mic)

If Finn is going to convince Vince that he belongs at this level then he is going to have to do okay with his promos. Fingers crossed for him.

This is the bit that has me worried, I haven't seen any of his promos during his stint in NXT, were they any good? Any worth checking out?

And as long as Vince can stay the hell away from the Irish stereotypes, then it should be smooth sailing for Finn, I'm sure if he and Rollins square off on the mic, they'll probably run through their stuff prior to the show going live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

You just know they're giving him a backstage segment with Sheamus.

You just know they're giving him a backstage segment with Sheamus.

Stop that, stop that right now..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

There was a fiery promo he did on NXT which I liked. I think it was when he was feuding with Owens or Joe. But other than that I can't think of many promos that stood out for me.

I think his mic skills are the biggest question mark hanging over him. He has a great look and he can go in the ring and he should shift a lot of merch with the Balor Club and Demon stuff, but he needs to show he is at least passable on the mic. I don't think he needs to be one of the best in the company but he needs to be competent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,066 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Lesner to destroy Paul Heymen ????

Heymens contract is up AFAIK and a good way too write him out

This week's raw has a lot to live up too after last weeks

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Lesner to destroy Paul Heymen ????

Heymens contract is up AFAIK and a good way too write him out

This week's raw has a lot to live up too after last weeks

Nah
    he re-signed with the company
    according to JR's Twitter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,874 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I thought I read somewhere a few weeks back that Heyman's contract is up and they haven't been able to reach an agreement for him to sign a new one.

So Brock on his own speaking :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,870 ✭✭✭Pentecost

There was a fiery promo he did on NXT which I liked. I think it was when he was feuding with Owens or Joe. But other than that I can't think of many promos that stood out for me.

I think his mic skills are the biggest question mark hanging over him. He has a great look and he can go in the ring and he should shift a lot of merch with the Balor Club and Demon stuff, but he needs to show he is at least passable on the mic. I don't think he needs to be one of the best in the company but he needs to be competent.

Felt he was getting better towards the end of his stint in NXT actually. His promo after he lost to Joe and to set up his match with Shinsuke wasn't bad and there were a couple of fired up ones that were quite good.

Sasha putting over Bayley huge on the pre show.

Never liked those "You deserve it" chants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

J. Marston wrote: »
    Never liked those "You deserve it" chants.

Especially when it's someone who's only been on the main roster a year. It's not like she's been there years without getting the title.

I wish the fcuk they would stop staying how many days people were champion for it sounds so weak.

Enzo over like rover.

Mix tag match?

When was the last time that happened?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

B.A.U.C.E.

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Love jerichos tash.

Also top banter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,384 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I missed the start of raw but that enzo sasha stuff was very good. I didn't feel like it dragged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,870 ✭✭✭Pentecost

The Bon Jovi dig made me chuckle. Enzo is gold on the mic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Look at that, you can still have "authority" figures appear, but they don't have to talk for 15-20 minutes, great start there!

KO just having banter. Nice tie.

Suicide dive = ad breaks.

Might be a new era but that'll never change, sadly.

I loved that camera angle sweeping in to the ring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,518 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Kevin Owens is just insanely good on commentary, or whenever he's got a mic for that matter. WWE are really sleeping on him big time, I'm sure he'll get his big break soon enough though.

• Advertisement

KO the real Boss of the WWE.

Ref botch

Sit down interview with Cole they are protecting Finn.

That reverse chokeslam is a cool finisher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

martyos121 wrote: »
    That reverse chokeslam is a cool finisher.

Be nicer if it wasn't against a jobber

The first 50 or so if not more wrestlers in Goldberg's streak were jobbers nothing wrong with beating jobbers when building a monster.

• Advertisement

Here we go..Hope he does well on a live mic on a live RAW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

So any chance of him adding a few people to the balor club any time soon? Not really much of a club at the moment is it?

Finn did ok for his first major live in ring promo I have to say a lot better than I was expecting.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

He is quite stiff on the mic compared to Seth, but that is Seth, hes just too good on the mic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Tinie wrote: »
    He is quite stiff on the mic compared to Seth, but that is Seth, hes just too good on the mic.

Reckon it suits him, although a little looser perhaps on nxt, first promo nerves perhaps.

As an aside, I fancy Balor for SS.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Must be the first time Roman Reigns has got a pop ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Samoa Joe

Henry looks legit injured there, still being helped from the ring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

Making regins look like a good fella

Nothing like a bit of 'Murica to get the crowd back on your side.

Wow, the fans are a lot more accepting of Roman Reigns when he isn't in the main event picture.

Who would've guessed? :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

They're finally getting it right. :)

Even with the piped in Roman chats you can still hear the fans boo and call out for Rusev

Rusev getting getting over as the face lol

Roman is just not wanted by the fans at all.

Jax vs Kong/Kharma needs to happen someday. That would be interesting to watch for sure, heaviest hitting women's match you'd ever see in the USA.

I find the reigns hate to be grating by now. Hope he turns it around, he has a great look and can work in the ring with the best of them

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

When Rusev kept talking about American Olympians i was really hoping for Kurt Angles music to hit

• Advertisement
Advertisement