Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAW 1-8-16

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Ref botch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Sit down interview with Cole they are protecting Finn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,453 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

That reverse chokeslam is a cool finisher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

martyos121 wrote: »
    That reverse chokeslam is a cool finisher.

Be nicer if it wasn't against a jobber

The first 50 or so if not more wrestlers in Goldberg's streak were jobbers nothing wrong with beating jobbers when building a monster.

• Advertisement

Here we go..Hope he does well on a live mic on a live RAW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

So any chance of him adding a few people to the balor club any time soon? Not really much of a club at the moment is it?

Finn did ok for his first major live in ring promo I have to say a lot better than I was expecting.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

He is quite stiff on the mic compared to Seth, but that is Seth, hes just too good on the mic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Tinie wrote: »
    He is quite stiff on the mic compared to Seth, but that is Seth, hes just too good on the mic.

Reckon it suits him, although a little looser perhaps on nxt, first promo nerves perhaps.

As an aside, I fancy Balor for SS.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Must be the first time Roman Reigns has got a pop ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Samoa Joe

Henry looks legit injured there, still being helped from the ring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

Making regins look like a good fella

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,211 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Nothing like a bit of 'Murica to get the crowd back on your side.

Wow, the fans are a lot more accepting of Roman Reigns when he isn't in the main event picture.

Who would've guessed? :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

They're finally getting it right. :)

Even with the piped in Roman chats you can still hear the fans boo and call out for Rusev

Rusev getting getting over as the face lol

Roman is just not wanted by the fans at all.

Jax vs Kong/Kharma needs to happen someday. That would be interesting to watch for sure, heaviest hitting women's match you'd ever see in the USA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I find the reigns hate to be grating by now. Hope he turns it around, he has a great look and can work in the ring with the best of them

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

When Rusev kept talking about American Olympians i was really hoping for Kurt Angles music to hit

• Advertisement

Haha Jinder is indeed back.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

2 Man Band :D

The reunion is over :(

Owens and Jericho are comedy gold together.

Now that truly was an RKO outta nowhere! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

is there actually a balor rollins feud going on or am i dreaming?

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

heyman to turn on Brock? that rko stuff right before the rko was too coincidental

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

That RKO was great, they've got me interested!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,507 ✭✭✭✭CSF

They totally made Orton a big deal again there. He wins at Summerslam now for sure and goes into the Smackdown title picture I think.

Wasn't a fan of the opening segment. Great to see them go with something different to start but Sasha was poor on the mic and the stuff with Enzo didn't really work well I thought.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Really enjoyed that.

Was it as good as last weeks? No, but then it could never be. Last week set the bar so high. But it was better than your usual Raw.

Balor needs to develop his mic skills quickly. I thought he did ok, but he was stiff and his lines (be they scripted or otherwise) came across quite generic.

Nitpicking, but I thought it was a mistake to put Nia Jax beside Saxton after her match; his size diminished hers. Should have been one of the tiny women announcers. I hadn't really realized that Nia isn't actually THAT tall. Besides Saxton, she looked normal.

I did feel the opening segment dragged a bit, and I'd have liked if Banks had been let have some line before Enzo came out, to try and stand up to Jericho, rather than having her standing there taking his verbal abuse before being saved by Enzo. Again though, thats nitpicking; Enzo is great on the microphone, him and Jericho had great chemistry talking, and adding Owens into that feud should be a promo guy's dream. Also, letting Sasha open Raw was a nice move, letting her namedrop Bayley...it's setting Bayley up as nearly mythical :P

Was worried Orton, a SD guy, appearing on Raw would diminish the brand split but the fact they treated him like someone who wasn't meant to be there, with security chasing him, running through the crowd....it worked for me. Despite it being #OuttaNoWhere, I saw it coming but it was a great moment to ignite their feud.

Overall, really happy. Summerslam looks set to be incredible.

Advertisement