Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lowcostholidays visa debit refund

Options
  • 01-08-2016 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

hi,

i booked my hotel through hoteling.com which is part of lowcostholidays, the company that went out of business.

i was wondering if i am going to get my money back for this. 
    i booked the hotel on my bank of ireland visa debit card.  
    i have already sent in a dispute form so i would like to know if this will work or not.

thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

hi,

i booked my hotel through hoteling.com which is part of lowcostholidays, the company that went out of business.

i was wondering if i am going to get my money back for this. 
    i booked the hotel on my bank of ireland visa debit card.  
    i have already sent in a dispute form so i would like to know if this will work or not.

thank you
    Hi emilyjackie

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.

Our Charge Back Unit will investigate each case and aim to resolve within 5-7 working days after receipt of your claim.

Requests/ claims can be posted to the below address.

Bank of Ireland Chargebacks department
    PO Box 365

Dublin 18

We hope the information helps, if you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Many Thanks
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭yes there

Apologies for hijacking this thread but I see no need to make another one as its nature is similiar to the OP's.

I booked both flights and accommodation. The flights were confirmed but the accommodation was not.
    I filled in a dispute form for a charge back for all expenses and have a message saying the request is in progress from the 21st of July.

Here's the thing, as the flights are confirmed is it possible to do just the charge back on everything bar the flights?
    I have re-booked my hotel just in case this is not resolved by the time I am due to go on holiday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

yes there wrote: »
    Apologies for hijacking this thread but I see no need to make another one as its nature is similiar to the OP's.

I booked both flights and accommodation. The flights were confirmed but the accommodation was not.
    I filled in a dispute form for a charge back for all expenses and have a message saying the request is in progress from the 21st of July.

Here's the thing, as the flights are confirmed is it possible to do just the charge back on everything bar the flights?
    I have re-booked my hotel just in case this is not resolved by the time I am due to go on holiday.
    Hi yes there,

Thanks for getting in touch with us on this thread.

If customers have booked 'flights' or 'flights & accommodation', their first point of contact for redress will be the Commission for Aviation Regulation -   http://www.aviationreg.ie/

For accommodation only, a charge back can be made with Bank of Ireland. 

Please be assured, our colleagues are working as quickly as possible to resolve the charge back queries.

We hope the information helps, if you have any further questions please feel free to get back to us.

Many Thanks
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭yes there

Hi, yes that information helps. Can you respond specifically to my claim status via pm?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

yes there wrote: »
    Hi, yes that information helps. Can you respond specifically to my claim status via pm?
    Hi yes there, 

I'm afraid we are unable to confirm account specific queries in PM. Please be assured that our Chargeback team are dealing with these requests as a priority and once they receive your request, they are working as quickly as possible to issue a chargeback. 

Thanks, 
    Sarah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 emilyjackie

Hi!

Thank you for replying.

How long does it take usually for the chargeback to be put through and for me to get my money back?

Thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sharon

Hi emilyjackie, 

Our Charge Back Unit will aim to resolve the case within 5-7 working days after the receipt of your claim.

Thanks,

Sharon

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Big thanks to the BOI team , I received my Charge back from lowcostholidays on Friday. Took 2 weeks in total.

Hi thank you for replying!

Could you tell me what type of card you booked it with? I booked mine on a Visa Debit card?
    Thanks

Hi!
    Thanks so much for that information!

My card is a Visa Debit card! Does that make a difference ?

• Advertisement

Big thanks to the BOI team , I received my Charge back from lowcostholidays on Friday. Took 2 weeks in total.
    Glad to hear this muppetkiller, thanks for the update. 

Sarah

Hi!
    Thanks so much for that information!

My card is a Visa Debit card! Does that make a difference ?
    Hi emilyjackie, 

Yes the charge back form can be used for Visa Debit card purchases. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Hi thank you for replying!

Could you tell me what type of card you booked it with? I booked mine on a Visa Debit card?
    Thanks
    I booked with my visa debit card :)

Advertisement