Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin edge 520 issue

Options
  • 01-08-2016 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

My Edge 520 is not acquiring satellites. I have never had any issues previously but now it won't connect to satellites.It hasn't been damaged so I'm at a loss as to why it's happening.

Has anyone experienced such issue or have any advice on how to resolve the issue?

I mailed Garmin support yesterday but I'm yet to get a response.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Are you using GPS and GLONASS?

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Steve SilverMint

MugMugs wrote: »
    Are you using GPS and GLONASS?

Yes i have it set to gps and glonass. It just keeps giving the message "trouble finding satellites continue searching? "

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Had a similar issue with my 510. Seemed to be a dodgy update. Wouldn't lock onto GPS or GLONASS and kept losing rides. I had to format the whole thing and start from scratch with it allowing itself to rebuild using Garmin Connect.

I'd try that failing which, there's a hardware issue and it probably needs to go back to Garmin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭Chiparus

I had that problem a month ago, sent it back to Garmin, got a new unit ( and a new out front mount).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

what software version you on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Steve SilverMint

jon1981 wrote: »
    what software version you on?

I'm on software version 6.20.

Still awaiting a response from Garmin support.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭Chiparus

Call them , They never responded to the email I sent them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Carklone

Hello! Just replaced my Edge 200 with the 520. Having issues transferring routes to the device, have tried the following without success:

-Garmin Connect>Create a course>Send to device.
    -Download, copy tcx file to Garmin>New files.
    -Download, copy gpx file to Garmin>New files.
    -Connect IQ Strava Routes download.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as close to firing it out the window . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I'm on software version 6.20.

Still awaiting a response from Garmin support.

For what it's worth.......

I had an update notification today to upgrade my 520 from 12.1 to 12.2.

Probably best to update your software version as it's the first thing the support platform will ask you to do.

EDIT: Silly me - I just noticed the date of the OP :rolleyes:

Advertisement