Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

First Years 2016/17

• 01-08-2016 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hey so I'm starting in NUIG in September (deferred student so I already have my place) and I'll be studying Biomedical Engineering! I thought I'd make this so all of us newbies can talk about all things first year! What's everyone else hoping to study?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 69cokaz

Deferred my course last year too, going into the Bachelor of Science course. Have a deposit down in Corrib so happy days, should be a good first year now!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Claribass

69cokaz wrote: »
    Deferred my course last year too, going into the Bachelor of Science course. Have a deposit down in Corrib so happy days, should be a good first year now!

I have my name down for Dunaras, missed the Corrib application but I don't mind too much! Got a letter in the post this morning saying orientation starts on the 30th, only 4 weeks from today!!

Actually got my room this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Keepout007

im goin into science in nuig, hope its good craic

• Registered Users Posts: 46 problemnext

Claribass wrote: »
    Actually got my room this morning <snip>
    You really should not post your address on the internet. Just saying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭nandoslover

Actually got my room this morning

Hey there, I also got a room assigned there but haven't got an email to pay a deposit! They say their systems aren't working, are you having the same problem??

Yeah same problem here! Need it sorted asap since we're starting Tuesday!

Yeah same problem here! Need it sorted asap since we're starting Tuesday!

I know! Starting to get a little bit worried... I've been emailing them and they keep saying 'hopefully it'll be ready tomorrow'. Anyway atleast I'm not the only one having the problem!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭koolis02

Just wondering does anyone know if we're able to see who we're going to be living with online with Corrib Village?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭TheBiz

It seems you'll find out on the day, no sooner..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭nokia211

Does anyone know how long it takes to walk to the engineering building from the main concourse? Thanks 🙂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

nokia211 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how long it takes to walk to the engineering building from the main concourse? Thanks 🙂
    Less than 5 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 2 EoinC13

Did anyone get an email about actually registering with NUIG and selecting modules?? I just went onto their website and saw all of it for the first time and it opens tomorrow 😳

• Registered Users Posts: 8 taraoshea1998

EoinC13 wrote: »
    Did anyone get an email about actually registering with NUIG and selecting modules?? I just went onto their website and saw all of it for the first time and it opens tomorrow 😳

Nope I haven't received anything yet

EoinC13 wrote: »

I didn't get that specific email either, many didn't. Most people I've talked to only got one about orientation week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Jijsaw

Oh I didn't see this thread, I'm another one starting in September, doing Commerce and German.

Should be fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 echolima

Med student here :) looking forward to next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 69cokaz

Registration for first years opened today anyway, not sure about this campus account thing there on about though.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Charizard

Registration a bit of a pain, but got through it and picked my modules happy out.

Whats this about picking modules? My internets been gone so im in the dark on this..
    Ill be studying commerce, is there something to do/that ive missed??

• Advertisement

TheBiz wrote: »
    Whats this about picking modules? My internets been gone so im in the dark on this..

No you have until the 30th to do it. Don't worry! As for modules for commerce I'm not too sure.

No you have until the 30th to do it. Don't worry! As for modules for commerce I'm not too sure.

Is it competitive? I had a mini panic attack there!

I wouldn't say so but honestly I'm not too sure.

Ill have to look into.. im assuming most people here are talking about Arts?

Ill have to look into.. im assuming most people here are talking about Arts?
    Do we have to pick modules in Arts or just the classes?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 elouiseb

I read on the Bachelor of Science page that there's no quotas for first years, not sure if this is across the board or just science though!

echolima wrote: »
    Med student here :) looking forward to next week!

Same here! Have u got any info about registration? And are you doing premed?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 echolima

Same here! Have u got any info about registration? And are you doing premed?

No idea! Got a C in chemistry so I'm borderline, would prefer 5 year, but I'm not that bothered. I don't think we can finish registration until we know. Activated my student account but that's as far as I got

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Jijsaw

All commerce modules are mandatory except for Micro/Macro Economics through Irish, (which hopefully I'll be doing, I'm going to sit in a few lectures and see if I could cope with it). It isn't letting you register for them yet though (from what I can see) in that you can't take away the English economics and replace it with Irish.
    See you there!

• Advertisement

Jijsaw wrote: »
    All commerce modules are mandatory except for Micro/Macro Economics through Irish, (which hopefully I'll be doing, I'm going to sit in a few lectures and see if I could cope with it). It isn't letting you register for them yet though (from what I can see) in that you can't take away the English economics and replace it with Irish.
    See you there!

I've registration and everything done! Picked Skills for success and business law. Looking forward to it! Moving in tomorrow.

Is anyone actually able to sign into blackboard?

Is anyone actually able to sign into blackboard?
    You wont yet most likely. And blackboard always is giving trouble so don't worry about it yet

So first real day tomorrow, Im fecked already I have no idea where my spanish class is.

Charizard wrote: »
    So first real day tomorrow, Im fecked already I have no idea where my spanish class is.
    Whats info you have of location???

Whats info you have of location???
    I found it, it was easier than I thought :D
    But my luck has failed as I will miss a class tomorrow as I have to sign as my back to education hasnt come through yet, even though they said it would :mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement