Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When do 2017 bikes come in?

Options
  • 01-08-2016 4:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭

What date do the 2017 bikes normally come into the Irish shops? I know it's August, but when in August?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Ehh..this will vary by brand and maybe even the shop themselves. I know Giant are normally fairly early with their new model lines, but it's not like there is a transfer window for bike manufacturers.

Why don't you try ringing the shop(s) that are in your area or stock the brand you want and find out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭Chuchote

Did that. "August."

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭rtmie

Typically nothing will appear in shops until after manufacturers have demoed at
    Eurobike show, which is in first week of sept. So I think most likely latter half of Sept at the earliest.
    http://www.eurobike-show.com

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

I was enquiring about a 2017 bike.
    I was told to refer back to bike shop after EuroBike.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭dvntie

Um 2017 maybe. Otherwise they are 2016 bikes.
    Just saying like ;-)

• Advertisement

rtmie wrote: »
    Typically nothing will appear in shops until after manufacturers have demoed at
    Eurobike show, which is in first week of sept. So I think most likely latter half of Sept at the earliest.
    http://www.eurobike-show.com

New Finnish bike maker! God, they're ugly!

https://www.polebicycles.com/game-changing-bicycle-platform/?v=f0aa03aaca95

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

Chuchote wrote: »

You could say the same about pretty much all mountain bikes!

Well, Eurobike's over now. (Drums fingers on desk.)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

You might be drumming a while as with some manufacturers they open orders but delivery may not be till the 10th+ week of 2017.

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    You might be drumming a while as with some manufacturers they open orders but delivery may not be till the 10th+ week of 2017.

Whaaaaaat??? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭rtmie

Unlikely to be a fixed window for all brands. E.g was told by one shop that new year giant stock would be in well before end of year and that some models might already be sold out by start of 2017. I was asking specifically about TCR Advanced and for January as my BTW renews then.

I was asking about Cannondale; after a bike fit, I was advised to get a Quick Speed 2 to suit my size and shape and purposes. (I always want to type Quick Smart…)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭saccades

iwillhtfu wrote: »

Could be longer - 7th biggest container shipping firm went bust and no-one is touching their loaded boats, expect prices to rise & delivery dates to be put back for quite some time.

saccades wrote: »
    Could be longer - 7th biggest container shipping firm went bust and no-one is touching their loaded boats, expect prices to rise & delivery dates to be put back for quite some time.

When will 2017 Cannondales be in stock in London? Have to visit British National Archives in Kew soon…

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭saccades

:shrugs:

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭dsaint1

Cyclesuperstore have some 2017 Cannondales in stock.

dsaint1 wrote: »
    Cyclesuperstore have some 2017 Cannondales in stock.

Not the Quick Speed 2, which is the only bicycle of all the bicycles in the world that a bike fit found would suit my weird shape.

Advertisement