Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Service not fulfilled = requirement to pay?

Options
  • 01-08-2016 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am just looking for advice on an issue I am having getting a phone sim unlocked. I gave the retailer the phone and informed them that it was rooted and running Cyanogenmod. I was informed that they would unlock it and that it would be 40 euro payable when I collected the phone. A couple of days later I called to see if the phone was ready. I was informed that they could not unlock it as the unlock code they received would not work as it was rooted and running Cyanogenmod. They require that I pay the 40 euro amount for the unlock. Do I have any other recourse but to pay the 40 euro fee? I called in to the shop and I am waiting a call back from their head technician.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

Mrmoe wrote: »
    Hi,

I am just looking for advice on an issue I am having getting a phone sim unlocked. I gave the retailer the phone and informed them that it was rooted and running Cyanogenmod. I was informed that they would unlock it and that it would be 40 euro payable when I collected the phone. A couple of days later I called to see if the phone was ready. I was informed that they could not unlock it as the unlock code they received would not work as it was rooted and running Cyanogenmod. They require that I pay the 40 euro amount for the unlock. Do I have any other recourse but to pay the 40 euro fee? I called in to the shop and I am waiting a call back from their head technician.

not a chance, given you disclosed it up front.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,519 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Offer to discuss it at small claims court if they want to play hardball? Make sure you ask them for official business name and address

Advertisement