Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a place in Monaghan

• 01-08-2016 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hello everyone, First post here :). Long time lurker (very long time lurker)

Anyway what encouraged me to join is that I'm soon going to be moving to Monaghan for a six month period. However, I'm having real trouble in finding a place. I'm just looking for a single room, and would prefer to rent my own house or apartment than rely on tourist accommodation (a lot of which seems booked out anyway). So far I've had no luck. As I meant to be moving there next week the situation is pretty urgent for me.

Does anyone here have any recommendations? Any ideas? Anything would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,422 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Hello everyone, First post here :). Long time lurker (very long time lurker)

Anyway what encouraged me to join is that I'm soon going to be moving to Monaghan for a six month period. However, I'm having real trouble in finding a place. I'm just looking for a single room, and would prefer to rent my own house or apartment than rely on tourist accommodation (a lot of which seems booked out anyway). So far I've had no luck. As I meant to be moving there next week the situation is pretty urgent for me.

Does anyone here have any recommendations? Any ideas? Anything would be greatly appreciated.

Monaghan town?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Ghyl Tarvoke

Monaghan town?

Yes. Sorry should have clarified.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭cocopops

I could mention this to a friend who is on holiday this week. She was intending on letting a room in late August but she might be interested in letting it earlier. The house is in Monaghan town and it's very nice. Don't know what she would charge though, sorry. There is a local paper called The Northern Standard, you could check in that either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Ghyl Tarvoke

cocopops wrote: »
    I could mention this to a friend who is on holiday this week. She was intending on letting a room in late August but she might be interested in letting it earlier. The house is in Monaghan town and it's very nice. Don't know what she would charge though, sorry. There is a local paper called The Northern Standard, you could check in that either.

Yes, please do. One route I'm looking at is staying in tourist accommodation for the first few weeks before moving on a normal rental, so that's an option anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,422 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

There are some Facebook pages that you could ask on, this one for instance often has requests for acc.
    https://m.facebook.com/groups/509822812365848?_rdr

• Advertisement
Advertisement