Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kids in Cafes

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Nobody said Autism doesn't exist, despite your repeated hysterical, defensive statements to that effect.

Kids with autism, like any child, can occasionally be brats.

Is that difficult? Not everything can be blamed on Autism, I think that's all anybody is saying. It isn't an attack on you personally, it's an outstandingly obvious statement.

PC Ireland wouldnt agree

A baby crying is the sound of new life

It's to be celebrated

Not in the church on my wedding day (to take one of numerous situations).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭learn_more

cjmc wrote: »
    Ah , get over yourself princess. !

BRILLIANT POINT !
    goz83 wrote: »
    I doubt the cafe missed you. The parent and child certainly didn't.

I fail to see any point here. Why would the cafe miss me? Dunno what you on about. The only conclusion one could come too from your post is that your so annoyed that I express my distaste of the sound of a swacking baby that you conclude I'm some kind of monster. It's quite funny reading these reactions really.
    cjmc wrote: »
    Get over yourself princess , kids are noisey , birds sjit on your car snd toast falls buttered side down . Thats life

Erm..things that are noisy are noisy. ANOTHER AMAZING POINT !
    Well done.
    Elliott S wrote: »
    I think we knew the OP was rather precious and stuck-up from her thread-opening post, featuring as it did these charming soundbites:

Who's this HER your talking about? Just wondering. But taking your point seriously , your saying if I wasn't so precious I'd be totally happy in child infested cafes? Is that really what your saying?

• Site Banned Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭XR3i

omg i was passing aldi this evening and didn't i see the aldi worker driving out with a forklift truck and a full pallet load of " energy drinks" and lo and behold , who was it but my caffeinated friend ,

forgive me for saying it but that child will die young if she keeps drinking that amount of "enegy drinks" without a break

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

You're messing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Smondie wrote: »
    Just heading out for lunch to the cafe now, hopefully there'll be no "celebrations" going on :D

The celebrations only happened when you left the cafe ;)
    learn_more wrote: »
    BRILLIANT POINT !

Excellent rebuttal. not really
    I fail to see any point here. Why would the cafe miss me? Dunno what you on about. The only conclusion one could come too from your post is that your so annoyed that I express my distaste of the sound of a swacking baby that you conclude I'm some kind of monster. It's quite funny reading these reactions really.

Yes, you appear to miss alot. You're too focused on "Viscious" screaming from children and odours in pubs. I'll ignore the rest of the rambling you did regarding my post.
    Erm..things that are noisy are noisy. ANOTHER AMAZING POINT !
    Well done.

Who's this HER your talking about? Just wondering. But taking your point seriously , your saying if I wasn't so precious I'd be totally happy in child infested cafes? Is that really what your saying?

Now who's angry...what's with all the SHOUTING? Seeing red, are we? :P

You're messing

if u dont beliebe me it's all recorded on my dash cam - helmet-cam and i'll iupload it to youtube

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Elliott S

Not in the church on my wedding day (to take one of numerous situations).

At my cousin's wedding there was a toddler running up around the alter. She loved it, thought it added to the ceremony.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Smondie

[
    I doubt the cafe missed you. The parent and child certainly didn't. You complain about noise in a cafe and then right after that, the odour in a pub. If only you had told us this in the first post, you'd have saved us all a lot of writing. You need to learn more about living in world occupied by other humans who are not all pandering to your desires.
    is this post not a bit hypocritical. The noise of the cafe and the smell of the pub were sensory overload for the poster.

Would you tell a child with sensory overload to just get on with things and to stop expecting everyone to pander to thier needs?

What age is the cut off point for sensory overload?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Keane2baMused

is this post not a bit hypocritical. The noise of the cafe and the smell of the pub were sensory overload for the poster.

Would you tell a child with sensory overload to just get on with things and to stop expecting everyone to pander to thier needs?

Seriously?

Now you're just being ridiculous.

It's actually insulting.

• Advertisement

i was at a techno party in berlin and i seen a dog takin ecstasy

so i asked the dog owner, is the dog ok>

he said "ya, but tomorrow he won't feel so good"

Which bit of that is meant to be funny?

Which bit of that is meant to be funny?

coffee

Seriously?

Now you're just being ridiculous.

It's actually insulting.
    Please point out where I am being insulting. You do know that sensory overload can effect more people than those on the asd spectrum?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sensory_overload

Please point out where I am being insulting. You do know that sensory overload can effect more people than those on the asd spectrum?

In that case, the OP is 100% at fault. Knowing that cafes and pubs and other public places might cause a sensory overload...the OP needs to be locked away until she learns how to cope with the world. Maybe her parents didn't introduce her to the world, because she had tantrums when taken out.

I've just been told in not so many words what a *unt I am for not liking certain smells. I'm beginning to realise that I'm the lowest of the low.

In that case, the OP is 100% at fault. Knowing that cafes and pubs and other public places might cause a sensory overload...the OP needs to be locked away until she learns how to cope with the world. Maybe her parents didn't introduce her to the world, because she had tantrums when taken out.
    The key word in your post is "might". Cafes and pubs might have smells that are unpallitive. How would anyone know until they walk through the door? Sensing the level of either smells or noises was uncomfortable for them personally, they left.

A child does not have the option to just leave and go somewhere else, unless the parents bring them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I think more offensive than children screaming and racing around tends to me the yummy mummies with their ear bleeding shrieking and cackling. I had to abandon my favourite cafe because it became overrun with ladies who lunch loudly. It was like meal time at a seal enclosure, like they were trying to break the sound barrier, we're talking painful decibels. I can understand kids being noisy but not adult women.

Your not funny. Your not satirical. Your attempts at riling me are armature and are not working. You also don't seem to understand that caps can be used for EMPHASISES and is not shouting.

Besides you have completely missed my main point just like the vast majority of people on this thread have. Hope you enjoy life and society when it's just full of unsophisticated chavs because that's what you deserve.

Yes I am FULLY aware of this believe me.

Sensory processing Disorder / Sensory Integration disorder.

Noise and certain smells bother me, I don't however have either of those conditions.

• Advertisement

A child does not have the option to just leave and go somewhere else, unless the parents bring them.

I recall a recent thread where your response to emigrants was to drown them, and when the image of a child washed up on a beach was linked you said you were being emotionally blackmailed and sure anyway his father was to blame.

And in a thread about cafés you pull the "think of the children, they have no choice" line?

That's just...completely and utterly nuts.

Yes I am FULLY aware of this believe me.

Sensory processing Disorder / Sensory Integration disorder.

Noise and certain smells bother me, I don't however have either of those conditions.
    Ok good. Now point out where I was being 'ridicoulus' and 'insulting' as you accused me of?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Elliott S wrote: »
    At my cousin's wedding there was a toddler running up around the alter. She loved it, thought it added to the ceremony.

It's great that your cousin liked that, but many wouldn't. I know if that happened during my wedding, I'd be telling the parents to sit their child down, and if it happened again, to take the child outside.

It's great that your cousin liked that, but many wouldn't. I know if that happened during my wedding, I'd be telling the parents to sit their child down, and if it happened again, to take the child outside.

Allowing ones child run around the altar at another persons wedding is incredibly ignorant. I'd be hesitant about bringing a child unless the couple insisted on it.

The key word in your post is "might". Cafes and pubs might have smells that are unpallitive. How would anyone know until they walk through the door? Sensing the level of either smells or noises was uncomfortable for them personally, they left.

Spot on there Smondie. That is indeed the key word. A child will quickly forget any tantrum, meltdown, or SO and get on with it. Other precious people of an older age may not.
    Your not funny. Your not satirical. Your attempts at riling me are armature and are not working. You also don't seem to understand that caps can be used for EMPHASISES and is not shouting.

Besides you have completely missed my main point just like the vast majority of people on this thread have. Hope you enjoy life and society when it's just full of unsophisticated chavs because that's what you deserve.

Your predispositional belief that I am attempting to rile you is wrong. Though any intended humour is partly lost on the written word and on our opposing views.

I am very aware of what you were trying to do with caps, but sometimes you're just wrong. It's EMPHASIS. And when caps are used a number of times, the emphasis becomes SHOUTING. See what I did there?

Point to consider: if the vast majority of people on this thread (see, I did it again) missed your point.....well, perhaps you

A) Didn't make your point clear, or
    B) don't have a coherent point to make.

Tell me, what is sophisticated about coming to AH (of all places) to start a b1tching thread about kids in cafes and highlighting the "crumbs"? Plenty of adults leave awful messes behind them and it's not restricted to your average cafe, or your chav filled ones either :rolleyes:

I recall a recent thread where your response to emigrants was to drown them, and when the image of a child washed up on a beach was linked you said you were being emotionally blackmailed and sure anyway his father was to blame.

And in a thread about caf s you pull the "think of the children, they have no choice" line?

That's just...completely and utterly nuts.
    Connor, Who put the child on the boat? Oh yes, it was his parents, parents making bad decisions that suit themselves over the needs of thier child.

Ok good. Now point out where I was being 'ridicoulus' and 'insulting' as you accused me of?

Where did the OP state they have a sensory processing disorder?

Not liking something is not the same thing.

Where did the OP state they have a sensory processing disorder?

Not liking something is not the same thing.

Where did I say anything about a sensory processing disorder? I said sensory overload. Please read the link I provided. It will explain what sensory overload is, you seem to be misunderstanding what sensory overload is. You don't have to have any disorder to be affected by sensory overload.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,328 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

McGruber wrote: »
    Yeah but they are outnumbered by little noisy cnutbags, throwing sh1t off the tables and screaming and screeching so loud that you try to telepathically shut the fcuker up.

All the while the gombeen fcuktard parents are seemingly oblivious to their little demon spawn causing people to be ear fcuked.

Fcuk off to McDonalds with your kids, cnuts.

Thank you for voicing (albeit a little harshly) what I have been suppressing for years. It's therapeutic even though I didn't say it myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,328 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

PS, I realise that this is probably my first run in with the "parent Mafia" on boards.

I am now marked for life.

PS I'm still catching up with the whole thread, but I'm not having a dig at special needs kids, or even kids who are genuinely upset or sick/in pain. I actually really hate seeing a child crying in pain because I feel really sorry for them.

I'm talking about badly behaved little assholes. And they are common. And becoming more comon. And they are the product of their parents failing to instil discipline or respect, and not giving a crap when that failure impacts on others.

Advertisement