Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blaser f16

• 01-08-2016 5:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 62 ✭✭

Anybody used the blaser f16 sporter or game yet if so what's your opinion on it towards recoil,balance, value for money etc. What gun would you compare it to handling wise,opinions only on the f16 please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Thedeerstalker

I hear, you can win an F16 at the Irish Game Fair this year as part of the clay shooting prize fund

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 62 ✭✭mike2015

I hear, you can win an F16 at the Irish Game Fair this year as part of the clay shooting prize fund

Thanks Thedeerstalker.

I can rule myself out of that equation even if nobody else was there.
    I was just wondering what the blaser are like cos I looked at a f3 second hand and thought it was a beautiful balanced gun problem was the dealer wanted 3k for it with no case,chokes,choke wrench or paper work. Think I could buy myself a real good clean beretta 687 for less money and think it would hold its value

Any opinions on this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 473 ✭✭The pigeon man

I have fired both the Blaser f3 and some Beretta 687 models.

The Blaser is a beautifully balanced shotgun it comes up to the shoulder almost naturally. The woodwork is top notch and the action closes smoothly and with little effort. It is an expensive gun but it is also very well built.

The Beretta 687 silver pigeon shotguns are also very nice they have detailed engraving on the action with good quality wood although the action would not be as smooth as the Blaser. I think you could buy a Beretta for half the price of a Blaser so you must take that into account. You won't be disappointed with either of them. Whatever shotgun you buy make sure it is a good fit that's the most important thing imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 62 ✭✭mike2015

I have fired both the Blaser f3 and some Beretta 687 models.

The Blaser is a beautifully balanced shotgun it comes up to the shoulder almost naturally. The woodwork is top notch and the action closes smoothly and with little effort. It is an expensive gun but it is also very well built.

The Beretta 687 silver pigeon shotguns are also very nice they have detailed engraving on the action with good quality wood although the action would not be as smooth as the Blaser. I think you could buy a Beretta for half the price of a Blaser so you must take that into account. You won't be disappointed with either of them. Whatever shotgun you buy make sure it is a good fit that's the most important thing imo

I have a beretta sporter bought it new a couple of years ago and find the balance awful but from what I can see it doesn't depreciate alot over the few years I have it,where as the Blaser seems to drop like a stone but more expensive to buy new. Like you said, the blaser does come up to the shoulder naturally with little effort.

Interested in people's opinion on why this is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭useurowname

mike2015 wrote: »
    I have a beretta sporter bought it new a couple of years ago and find the balance awful but from what I can see it doesn't depreciate alot over the few years I have it,where as the Blaser seems to drop like a stone but more expensive to buy new. Like you said, the blaser does come up to the shoulder naturally with little effort.

Interested in people's opinion on why this is

Shouldered the game version myself, v light gun, points beautifully probably because the action profile is so low it just feels very natural to shoot.
    Berettas always seemed to hold their value and rightfully so, they were superb guns. The 682 is arguabally the best value, all round Sporter ever made. Newer Beretta guns though are givin bother.
    I noted also that the Blasers don't hold their value, there's gotta be something in that alright.
    Personally in the F16 price point I'd have the Browning 725 which is actually a few hundred cheaper, I'd spend the balance on a proper fit.

• Advertisement
Advertisement