Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ordering from Brownells

Options
  • 01-08-2016 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭

Guys

I've ordered from Brownells in the past and shipped to Parcel Motel but they have stopped shipping to Parcel Motel.

Does anyone know a way around this, or how to people order from them.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭RossiFan08

An post have a service similar to Parcel Motel. Maybe try them

https://addresspal.anpost.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Ship direct to your address??:pac:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭PSXDupe

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Ship direct to your address??:pac:

They don't ship directly to Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭BillBen

PSXDupe wrote: »
    They don't ship directly to Ireland

Brownells U.S do. I've ordered plenty of stuff from them once it's not over $100

BillBen wrote: »
    Brownells U.S do. I've ordered plenty of stuff from them once it's not over $100

Unfortunately that wont help me this time as I have an order for €200+

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭BillBen

PSXDupe wrote: »
    Unfortunately that wont help me this time as I have an order for €200+

If you can spilt it up you can get it sent in two shipments that's what I had to do with a trigger kit

Surely that would serious out weigh the benefits of ordering from them, the cost of shipping etc would make it pointless.

Reagardless, one item is $124.99

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Heavy handed

Do you have any friends or family in the north that your parts can be posted to. It's a bit daft that they would turn business from Ireland down with us been so close.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 VBull

I could be wrong but i believe last year Brownells changed their policy on delivering to the UK.

They will no longer ship direct, so people have to order through their UK agent/site this might be why parcel motel no longer works on the USA site as its a UK address.

Is it something not easily got here that your after? Might have to take the hit and get a dealer here to source it

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Don't know what you're looking at so not sure if there is a major price difference between the US and UK, but there are franchises in the North. A full list of them can be found here.

Order off them and either collect or some, depending on what it is, will ship it down.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Advertisement

Thanks Cass,

Never knew about this, will contact Tannyoky, was only up there on Saturday

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Gavin told me they don't stock everything, they couldn't, but anything you want would take a few days to, at most, 2 weeks to get in once the main supplier has it in stock.

Very handy and while the UK prices might be more than the US there is no $45 - $60 shipping charge to add on. Or duty/VAT either. So works out pretty good. Not to mention the Euro is at £0.85 compared to £0.73 the last time i bought. The Dollar is less than 10% off the Euro so it pays to buy from the UK at the moment.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

Open an account with one of the US forwarding agencies - I use www.shipito.com. They will forward most items short of an actual firearm. More importantly they offer the USPS service which is by far the cheapest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭scwazrh

Do brownells.co.uk deliver to parcel motel ?

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭eoin.d

Recipo could that company be used to ship a boyds stock over the $100 limit

scwazrh wrote: »
    Do brownells.co.uk deliver to parcel motel ?

No, they have stopped

eoin.d wrote: »
    Recipo could that company be used to ship a boyds stock over the $100 limit

Yes, as far as I know there is no limit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Rimfire Shooter

recipio wrote: »
    Open an account with one of the US forwarding agencies - I use www.shipito.com. They will forward most items short of an actual firearm. More importantly they offer the USPS service which is by far the cheapest.

Seems they have issues shipping some stuff a s do most of these type of service providers :(

https://www.shipito.com/faq#restricted

I'm sure US Shipper knows what Shipto is and therefore might not ship to them in case they get into trouble for shipping restricted stuff?

They are not that strict - I had a spare magazine sent no bother. Like most U.S. retailers they are in it for the dollar. I would think gunstocks are exempt but you can always email them.

Advertisement