Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Car insurance in the south?

• 01-08-2016 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

I live in the north and I hear a lot going on about the cost of car insurance in the south, odd question but does anyone know what sort of premium a 50 year old male would pay to ensure a2013 BMW635, full NCB, value approx £28K. Roughly?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

Go to a website or two and ask for a quote, to give a rough idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Adamzapple777

They all ask for an address. Just a rough number will do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

Put it like this,
    a single retired lady(mother) was paying 430 two years ago and it now getting quotes for 1500+ with the same car and no claims and the best she can now get is 1300.

And that isn't unusual.

And you can probably get 100k plus payout for a sprained thumb if someone runs into your car with a shopping trolley. Hence the higher premiums coupled with the fact that our premiums are also increased to cover those whose insurance company went belly up and the government says we have to cover those as well

Thanks. I couldn't get anything accurat but it doesn't matter anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

I started the quote process, but there are too many unknowns about your license, driving habits, the car itself (the site I was looking at only listed 630 or 640, no 635).

To get an address to use, just go into google maps, pick a town, right click on a building and select "What's here" and it will return an address like 123 Street St., Town, Co. County.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

Don't be too surprised if most insurers flat out refuse to quote you on grounds of the car being "maaaad fasssshhhht!".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

Stuck in that car with my details for the craic.
    Full clean licence, 34, living in Cork

€1200 with Aviva.
    AIG (who I'm with on a 330d) wouldn't quote...

(Had to put in a 735, none of the companies have a 635 listed)

Thanks for that, not as bad as I thought it might have been with the stories I was hearing about insurance in the south. Still al bit more than you might pay in the north.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

scanlone wrote: »
    Stuck in that car with my details for the craic.
    Full clean licence, 34, living in Cork

€1200 with Aviva.
    AIG (who I'm with on a 330d) wouldn't quote...

(Had to put in a 735, none of the companies have a 635 listed)

36, Full license for the last 18 years, Dublin, no points, no claims, tried a couple just for kicks with a 2007 Alfa GT 3.2 V6, they all refused to quote. As a matter of fact, most quote me around 1200 for my current 1.9 JTS Alfa 159 (2006). Most likely, the age of the car is a big factor.

Advertisement