Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wexford Maternity hospital

Options
  • 01-08-2016 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hey

Just looking for some advice . I had my first child in the Coombe as I was working in Dublin at the time. This time though I have moved job locations and was hoping to go to Wexford. Does anyone know the prices of semi private and private in Wexford hospital? I know will it will depend on the consultant you are under but just and idea is all I am looking for!

Thank you for any help you can give!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 supersiren

Hi probably not going to be of much help as I'm not sure about private/semi private but I had my baby last October in Wexford through the domino scheme. It was my first so didn't have anything to compare it to but found it very personal as it was one to one with the same midwife throughout and one of the midwives visited for two days after I got home and did heel prick etc at home. Only had to meet the consultant once to sign me off as OK for domino. I suppose I was lucky as had very straight forward pregnancy. All the midwives (actually all the staff) on the maternity wards were fantastic there so you will be in great hands:). To be honest I still can't believe that I didn't have to pay a penny for the treatment I received throughout my pregnancy. As I said may not be of any help but just another option..you will
    Be well looked after whatever way you go! Best of luck!! X

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Lolabelle1

Hi!

Thanks a million! Great to know that you got on so well there! I don't have much experience of Wexford so really am grateful for your post!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 supersiren

God reading back it reads like I'm advertising for them:) but all in all I had a great experience. I know there are new delivery units too but not sure if they are open yet or not. Also meant to say that I had two doctors just in case as herself was a bit stuck so they Will be there regardless of what sort of patient you are. I would do it all again right now:) The only down side was the ridiculous distance from the front door to the delivery unit & maternity ward. That wasn't so much fun with contractions or when I was leaving!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭fits

supersiren wrote: »
    The only down side was the ridiculous distance from the front door to the delivery unit & maternity ward. That wasn't so much fun with contractions or when I was leaving!!

Ha I forgot about that! Yeah its miles!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Lolabelle1

Ah no ...was great to hear you got on so well!!

haha I had heard about the distance :) Seems to be something no one forgets :)

Thanks again!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Wexy86

Same as supersiren can't comment on semi or full private. My sister went private on her first - bit of a traumatic labour/birth and she felt the care she received would have been the same regardless of private/public. She didn't get the private room as none available and that was her main reason for going private, she says she was happy she had company as she was in for 7 days. She was under Dr Con Murphy who she met throughout and found him good and thorough. she went public on no.2 and found the care just as good and all went perfect this time round, was home 16 hours after giving birth.

I'm 34 weeks and also gone with the dominos scheme, again I find it very personal and I like the fact I've now met all the dominos midwives and know one of them will be there when the baba makes an appearance. Appointments are scheduled and you are seen at your fact time, unlike in the hospital where you wait up to 2 hours.

Will update you post birth and let you know how it all goes, that is my first so nothing to compare to tho :)

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭red fraggle

I had both my kids in wexford publicly. The midwives were excellent. Couldnt fault anything. Cant comment on private or semi private.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 akila

I can't comment on the private or semi-private care in Wexford, but I had my first baby there last year in the public system and couldn't fault them. Needed a doctor for suction in the end and had two of them there in a flash. Currently 33 weeks on my second and no hesitations about going back to Wexford.

My only overall gripe would be the long walk too!! Seems endless when you're battling contractions along the way! Best of luck :)

Advertisement