Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living in Hansted Lucan

Options
  • 01-08-2016 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,
    My Hubbie and two kids thinking of moving to Hansted Lucan. Kids age 2 and 5.
    I need something child friendly, safe. The older one will be starting in Lucan East ET.

Any thought on the idea? I want to make sure it is a nice place to live.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭bmwguy

KateAV wrote: »
    Hi,
    My Hubbie and two kids thinking of moving to Hansted Lucan. Kids age 2 and 5.
    I need something child friendly, safe. The older one will be starting in Lucan East ET.

Any thought on the idea? I want to make sure it is a nice place to live.

Thanks in advance

I don't live in it but I live close and would walk my dog past there sometimes.

I have never seen or heard of any problems, like anywhere I am sure there could be a few small ones but nothing major.

Long enough walk to nearest supermarket if you don't like walking and don't drive, if you do drive there can be a bit of traffic heading to n4 dual carriageway, that's about it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭1865

I live near it too, I have never seen any trouble there either but it is a little remote from everything.
    There seems to be quite a few kids in the estate and its relatively safe as there is only one entrance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭slovakchick

Ive viewing an apartment out here soon, anybody know much about this estate?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

It was on the completion list in 2010 (i.e. after the bust- the 292 unit estate had remained unfinished, before finally being completed in early 2013. The units are pleasant- and very competitively priced compared with Lucan- a 2 bed duplex can be had for around 190k (if you look on www.propertypriceregister.ie you can see recent purchase information for the estate).

Its a very young estate- it doesn't really have much of a reputation at all with the locals (I've lived in Lucan all my life). The show houses looked nice- but the layouts were bizarre.

If you live there- driving is necessary- its too far from most facilities and amenities.

I wouldn't really have anything at all against the estate- other than many people would imagine its a lot closer to Lucan than it actually is- and going anywhere at all is a bit of a hike.

thanks conductor, my viewing is tomorrow, i like the proximity to creches and also a good investment, sick of rent market, any more websites like that would be appreciated, ive a few viewings coming up

• Advertisement

update for conductor, did my viewing yesterday in this estate, was nice layout to the property etc but did some other research on the estate and not going to pursue- am researching at a few properties in diswellstown now, close to shopping and very same layout as the one i viewed, know anything about diswellstown? its near blanchardstown shopping

• Registered Users Posts: 1 bojanx100

Hi Slovakchick, what is that "other research" you did? Can you state your reasons for not pursuing it? I wanna buy something there and I would appreciate any negative info about it... Like does anyone know what kind of electromagnetic field level is there from the pylons just 150m across the road?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

update for conductor, did my viewing yesterday in this estate, was nice layout to the property etc but did some other research on the estate and not going to pursue- am researching at a few properties in diswellstown now, close to shopping and very same layout as the one i viewed, know anything about diswellstown? its near blanchardstown shopping

Sorry Slovakchick- not familiar with the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 giallo

I'm interested in moving to Hansted estate as well. I was playing with Google Maps to see how's nearby, and I found out that, right besides the Hansted estate, to access the Griffeen Park you've to pass besides these houses in Haydens Ln, and I'm not sure they are owned by Irish Travellers (I can see vans and a horse). Google Street images are quite out-dated, so I hope it's not messy like this now.

(You can search "8 Haydens Ln" on Google Maps and see Street View)

Can someone confirm that?

Advertisement