Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any tips on avoiding being limited?

Options
  • 02-08-2016 1:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭

Well after 2 yrs of back testing and small pence bets I finally went live with my new and improved system of EW betting ( No point in posting % margins but it is substantial and if any one here quoted same figure I would take it with a pinch of salt )
    Anyways, to the point. Opened a new account for the SO on WH. Boosted initial bank of 200 up to 1000, in my first 3 weeks. No bet was more than 20 EW. About 30% of them were on long shots that fell within my selection criteria where odds were > 50.0 Few of these placed but as I said I didn't put the hand in. I am getting slightly more profit than I expected but today I find myself limited to 3.5 on a 20.0 ew shot. WTF !!!! Few 100 quid up and I'm shown the door, so my question is what can you do to prolong the life expectancy of an account? PS I threw in a few 2 leg footy and tennis accums to create some degree of muggish behaviour where I was factoring in a 5% loss but these again went for me in a few cases to put me 5% up on these accums. Any one managing to keep winning accounts alive for any sort of decent time?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Where are you betting?

I would be willing to try to help you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭mayoman1973

Hi, I forgot about this thread till I got email update. Yea, profits have kept up but have to go down to 5 ew bets. But have about 20 accounts on the go now so spreading the love a bit. But as I have no question that the selections work I want to get up from 5 ew to more sizeable stakes. Currently on 1800 selections with 35% profit on the EW place and 25% on the win. Have about 20 - 30 selections per day. Don't want to go down the road of having to go into shops on foot which would prob only last for a short while as well :( I have even considered finding some way of selling my tips but that will be a last resort as I'm happy to just make a few hundred a week betting on my own accounts. Though bet victor have me completely banned now as well I mailed them on this and explained that I know how to price horses a lot better than their idiot traders so it would be in their interest to just take my bet and then do what they want with their out of kilter odds. Not surprisingly I have had no response lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

As I say am willing to try to help you get on

Have you tried using exchanges?

What was the outcme?

20-30 selections is more than I would want to bet - can it be more selective?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭mayoman1973

Havn't used exchanges as my strat is based on finding bookies where they have priced the ponies way off. I use certain markets in Betfair to reinforce my opinion of what the true price should be. My bets to date would yield a 5 or 10% profit with backing at exchange prices ( incl comission, which could be good long term ) but there is limited money available on exchange at the prices the bookies offer.
    It seems finding an edge is only half the battle, getting bookies to play ball is the next challenge. 365 seem to be a smarter outfit and have no prob takinig upwards of 50 on a 67.0 shot. WH or Sky seem to think I would be interested in 50p bets, idiots. I'm sure if a bookie monitored winning punters they would save a lot more money by keeping them on their books as price setters than they will by showing them the door. Had to laugh the other day at 888 sport. They sent my 15 bet on a pony Quebee @ 41.0 for risk analysis, the horse went out slightly and I noticed they accepted my bet. Then his price collapsed and he went off at 9.0 and romped home. Needless to say my limit is exactly 0 now :(

Advertisement