Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir sport review

Options
  • 02-08-2016 7:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭

I don't personally watch sport channels, unless there is an event that interests me. However as eir sport was added to my pack allegedly "free" together with an unrelated 15% price increase, I wanted to try it.

3 points:

1. It is disappointing that it cannot be used in rooted/jailbroken devices. I do get it why they do it, however this deems the benefit unusable for many customers.

2. In stock devices the app works well and the image quality is very good.

3. I thought I could watch eir vision on  my Pc given that my devices are rooted. And I can, but the quality is just awful. It if not even DVD (480p) quality.

While giving users sports access will sweet many and in ocassions make users ignore the 15% price increase, what in theory looks like a very good benefit is castrated by taking a few not thought decissions that impact negatively the user experience.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭eir: Ciara

gzoladz wrote: »
    I don't personally watch sport channels, unless there is an event that interests me. However as eir sport was added to my pack allegedly "free" together with an unrelated 15% price increase, I wanted to try it.

3 points:

1. It is disappointing that it cannot be used in rooted/jailbroken devices. I do get it why they do it, however this deems the benefit unusable for many customers.

2. In stock devices the app works well and the image quality is very good.

3. I thought I could watch eir vision on  my Pc given that my devices are rooted. And I can, but the quality is just awful. It if not even DVD (480p) quality.

While giving users sports access will sweet many and in ocassions make users ignore the 15% price increase, what in theory looks like a very good benefit is castrated by taking a few not thought decissions that impact negatively the user experience.
    Hi gzoladz,

Thank you for getting in touch :)

We are happy to hear you had some positive feedback and sorry to hear of the negative feedback. We are also trying to improve our services the best we can for our customers' satisfaction.

I will be sure to relay all your feedback onto the relevant department. 

-Ciara

Advertisement