Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Avenged Sevenfold, Disturbed, In Flames - 07.01.2017 3Arena

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

...MCD on twitter had a retweet one also

• Registered Users Posts: 38,411 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

from looking at the rehersal pics on A7Xs facebook page i see that its a curtained off gig

15871796_10154021547185583_3580044122732350215_n.jpg?oh=2f2cf2a5e9c31633a2c6e3becd3311d5&oe=58D8B92D

Times
    18.30- Doors
    19.30- Disturbed
    21.00- Avenged Sevenfold

hope its a good gig, not looking forward to seeing/hearing all the drunk teenagers lol

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Trotsky00

Oh man. I cant wait for this. This is the first gig I have gone to on my own (at 33!!) so it'll be a weird experience. But I had to go to see these guys. I'll be the guy at the back sipping multiple beers taking it all in. Hail!

Trotsky00 wrote: »
    Oh man. I cant wait for this. This is the first gig I have gone to on my own (at 33!!) so it'll be a weird experience. But I had to go to see these guys. I'll be the guy at the back sipping multiple beers taking it all in. Hail!

heading on my own too, sitting up in block f, cant persaude myself to pay 6 euro for a can of Orchard Thieves. Been going to gigs on my own for years (friends not into the bands i went too see) its not as fun but no worrying about finding lost friends etc. Enjoy man im 27 so you and i maybe the oldies there lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

Trotsky00 wrote: »
    PTH2009 wrote: »
    heading on my own too, sitting up in block f, cant persaude myself to pay 6 euro for a can of Orchard Thieves. Been going to gigs on my own for years (friends not into the bands i went too see) its not as fun but no worrying about finding lost friends etc. Enjoy man im 27 so you and i maybe the oldies there lol

There's a Meetup Group going to the gig if you want company.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Trotsky00

I agree itll be good to not have to look after anyone and just kick back and enjoy the tunes! This cannot be bad! A few beers and some good bands! Not long to go....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,164 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

I'm going on my own too!

. Enjoy man im 27 so you and i maybe the oldies there lol

I just read this bit there...27 is hardly old for this is it? Im in for a shock so, im nearly 27 can i join the old fogies group? :pac:

sammyjo90 wrote: »
    I just read this bit there...27 is hardly old for this is it? Im in for a shock so, im nearly 27 can i join the old fogies group? :pac:

i went to Fall Out Boy in the olympia there in 2014 and i felt old at it lol and i was only 24 at the time

Id say there will be a lot of people younger/same age and older than us. Avenged and Disturbed were big 10/12 years ago when we in our teens

seen as its Dublin will Disturbed cover this song

Probably will.
    I want to hear prayer and the game. I like a7x but im really only going for disturbed. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Nothing wrong with going to gigs on your own. Only did it once but I have to say I enjoyed being able to just go in, enjoy the music/crowd and leave again. Got much more into the music than I previously have when I went with people.

Disturbed wow, what a setlist, top notch performance, delighted to hear Prayer, The Game, Sound of Silence, Stricken

Avenged Sevenfold were pretty good too, didn't knw the new songs but the stuff I knew sounded brillent especially Afterlife, Bat Country, almost easy and unholy confessions

The Merch prices were a tad bit excessive with the cheapest T-shirt been €35

Overall a good night even though I spend €13 on 2 cans of orchard thieves lol

As you can tell i was happy after the first 4 songs :D

Fcking epic they were!

Same as myself for avenged..knew about 6 songs but they put on a good show. That spaceman though...weird!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Dargull

Arrived in at the start of Disturbed's set and I have to say they were pretty good. The whole stage production was excellent. Fookin' flames everywhere. A lot better than I expected.
    Was up for Avenged big time after that. I knew they were gonna open with "The Stage" so I was prepared for a lull at the beginning and after that they were excellent until Nightmare. After that the arse fell out of the gig. Finishing with the two worst songs off Hail to the King, Planets and Acid Rain is a fookin disaster. Sucks the life straight out of the gig. The encore picks it right back up again but there is a serious 30 minutes towards the end of the set that sucks the big one.
    I'd think about going to see them again after tonight. There is a seriously good gig in this bands back catalogue but I'm afraid they're too close to the new material to pick their best 15/16 songs and really give fans a run for their money.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Dargull wrote: »
    There is a seriously good gig in this bands back catalogue but I'm afraid they're too close to the new material to pick their best 15/16 songs and really give fans a run for their money.

May I suggest go see them when they are doing a run like that? Always scratch my head at why people are baffled at setlists when a band is doing a tour to promote the new album mostly because they have little or no interest in it, Disturbed played the same amount off their new album but that doesn't seemed to have bothered you at the same time.

Disturbed were a lot better than when I saw them in the summer, nice to see the pyro and screen use for a support act in there aswell.

Avenged Sevenfold were superb personally thought Planets sounded huge live and clearly fits with their space theme they've goin on, nice to get songs debut here before anywhere else I'd have thought and the fact no one knew the setlist, Buried Alive and Chapter 4 back to back was sweet yeah sure I would've liked the likes of Shepard of Fire or Beast and the Harlot but I mean when they come on just after 9 and really pushed the encore to the curfew value for money absolutely.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Looks like Disturbed were in the Woolshed last night

15941222_10155054062167384_827004948679907095_n.jpg?oh=beee4af8536d98dcbda80ad6e3250f3c&oe=58E5A88E

The waking the fallen stuff still sounds great live and loved Chapter 4 and Unholy Confessions. Would of loved too hear BATH, Seize the day, welcome to the family and Burn it down but want can you do

Was thinking today will these guys be like Acdc/Guns N Roses/Metallica etc in say 15-20 years and be a nostalgia act playing stadiums ??

Live rock music in stadium settings may be near an end with so many legendary acts retiring/breaking up/dying etc but if the rolling stones can keep going all these years than you never know

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

Does anybody else not think the sound was terrible for the first while of A7X? compared to disturbed it sounded awful

I think it was a bit patchy alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Greg81

mimimcmc wrote: »
    Does anybody else not think the sound was terrible for the first while of A7X? compared to disturbed it sounded awful

Yep, but beside that very good gig.

IMG_0859_zpsnc0ddamt.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

The waking the fallen stuff still sounds great live and loved Chapter 4 and Unholy Confessions. Would of loved too hear BATH, Seize the day, welcome to the family and Burn it down but want can you do

Was thinking today will these guys be like Acdc/Guns N Roses/Metallica etc in say 15-20 years and be a nostalgia act playing stadiums ??

Live rock music in stadium settings may be near an end with so many legendary acts retiring/breaking up/dying etc but if the rolling stones can keep going all these years than you never know

Not a hope, the 3 bands you mentioned consistently sold out stadiums in their prime, Ax7 have not, come to think of it, what newish band has done so over the last 10yrs? I can't think of 1

Advertisement