Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waiting on a refund

Options
  • 02-08-2016 9:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I have been waiting on a refund of overpayment for months. I switched broadband and tv supplier about this time LAST YEAR. My final bill showed that I had overpaid. 

I have contacted the company several times, and requested payment. Every time I get told that it's "strange", and they'll make sure the cheque is with me as soon as possible. The last time I was in touch was 22nd June, and was told I would definitely get it this time, but that it might take "up to" four weeks to get to me. Well, four weeks have long been and gone. 

Can someone please look into this? I will PM my details to a representative.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭eir: Ciara

tankie wrote: »
    I have been waiting on a refund of overpayment for months. I switched broadband and tv supplier about this time LAST YEAR. My final bill showed that I had overpaid. 

I have contacted the company several times, and requested payment. Every time I get told that it's "strange", and they'll make sure the cheque is with me as soon as possible. The last time I was in touch was 22nd June, and was told I would definitely get it this time, but that it might take "up to" four weeks to get to me. Well, four weeks have long been and gone. 

Hi tankie, 

Thank you for getting in touch :) I am very sorry to hear this has happened. 

Can you PM me your account details and I will check this out for you?

-Ciara

• Registered Users Posts: 8 tankie

eir: Ciara wrote: »

Hi tankie, 

-Ciara
    PM Sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

eir: Ciara wrote: »

Hi tankie, 

-Ciara
    PM Sent
    Thanks  tankie,

-Pamela

Any news on this???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Any news on this???
    Apologies for the delay tankie,
    Ciara will be back to you this afternoon.

-Pamela 

• Advertisement

So I got a reply to say that there was no update yet. This is not exactly helpful. I got an email asking me to do a survey on how helpful my contact with eir had been. Fortunately and predictably, the link didn't work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Sweeper keeper

Tankie the best course of action here is to email comreg. They are the regulator and they will deal eir on your behalf.

You will just need to send comreg the one email with the details of your issue and a few days later eir will deal with your issue.

In my experience its a waste of your time going through eirs customer service. The comreg route will save you the hassle and is much easier.

Email is consumerline at comreg dot ie

If everyone went to comreg after eir neglected to deal with their issues Im sure they would be forced to improve their customer service.

It should be a sticky post at the top of this forum! It would save a lot of customers a lot of frustration im sure

Tankie the best course of action here is to email comreg. They are the regulator and they will deal eir on your behalf.

You will just need to send comreg the one email with the details of your issue and a few days later eir will deal with your issue.

In my experience its a waste of your time going through eirs customer service. The comreg route will save you the hassle and is much easier.

Email is consumerline at comreg dot ie

If everyone went to comreg after eir neglected to deal with their issues Im sure they would be forced to improve their customer service.

It should be a sticky post at the top of this forum! It would save a lot of customers a lot of frustration im sure
    Thanks. I'll give them another few days, as I've had PM's from the reps on here who appear to be chasing it up. But you're probably right about it being the most efficient way of doing it. 

Advertisement