Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend creche Westbury

• 02-08-2016 10:41am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 287 ✭✭

Looking for preschool/creche for our 4 year old in Westbury / Ardnacrusha area , would welcome some recommendations.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Would recommend Pebbled Pathways in Grove Island.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭mitresize5

Clonlara community crèche.

Can't recommend it enough. Small numbers, great staff, no staff turnover and a very rural feel. It's about 5 minutes from Ardnacrusha and ten from west bury.

I wouldn't go to the one in the Westbury centre. The staff have been unpaid there a few times in the last 12 months and led to sit ins and threatened strikes. I'm sure they are great staff but I'd rather staff looking after my kids didn't have to worry about getting there wages at the end of the week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 287 ✭✭CraftySue

Thanks for your responses, pebbled pathways and Clonlara are top of the list, at the moment. Wondering about roads to Clonlara in Winter though. The one in Westbury centre - Tic Toc, has closed.

CraftySue wrote: »
    Thanks for your responses, pebbled pathways and Clonlara are top of the list, at the moment. Wondering about roads to Clonlara in Winter though. The one in Westbury centre - Tic Toc, has closed.

I'm not sure what you mean about the road to clonlara in winter. It's pretty much like every road in Ireland in winter. Dark and wet!!!

There aren't accident black spots on it if that's what you mean

Hi mitresize5, I was thinking more issues with frost / flooding, and therefore maybe difficulties getting to the creche and back, and then on to work.

• Advertisement

Theres no flooding on the road out. The lower part of clonlara gets flooded alright, thats the bit you see on the news, but its no where near the road.

Frost & ice isnt an issue either.

You should drop out. Loads of kids come from westbury area. Im sure the managers will put you in touch with parents

Thanks mitresize5, wiil get in contact.

Advertisement