Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycle routes near City West

Options
  • 02-08-2016 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi Folks,

I need some help for next weekend. I'm bringing my two sons to Comic Con at the weekend and they don't want me coming in with them in case I embarrass them drooling over the Harley Quinn's. I am staying at the City West and intend to do a 5 hour cycle on Saturday and a 3 hour cycle on Sunday. A 2 hour loop would be best for refuelling and I don't mind if it is hilly as it part of my training plan for Tenby.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭joey100

I wouldn't be 100% on the area but your not too far from the Blessington road in Citywest. Blessington road is grand, maybe a little boring but you could do some laps of the blessington lakes, some decent routes around there or you could head towards sally gap, would be sign posted along the Blessington road. Plenty of cycling around the area. I wouldn't worry about needing to go back to refuel, bring a few euro and stop in some of the shops in Blessington if you need water or something.

Laps of the lake could work best, you would never be too far from Blessington and I think it's around 25km from citywest to Blessington. Nice little climb up the embankment along the way. It's a pretty straight busy road, tends to have the wind behind you on the return and is downhill back too. Out and back could be close to 50km and then you can add on a few laps of the lakes as you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Vincepl

Thanks joey,

A boring route is fine when I'm not familiar with the area. I checked that route on Google Maps and there seems a few ways to get the time in around there.

Advertisement