Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cannot access eir sport

Options
  • 02-08-2016 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 37

My pc comes up as a new device every time I log in to eir sport. I cannot access eir sport as it keeps telling me I have used my month's device changes although I am using the same device all the time.

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭mike2084

canalman wrote: »
    My pc comes up as a new device every time I log in to eir sport. I cannot access eir sport as it keeps telling me I have used my month's device changes although I am using the same device all the time.
    Having the exact same issue as you. This has been raised a number of times over on Eir's community forum at eir.ie where they just tell you to ring them and have your swaps reset but it fails to recognise the device as soon as you log out again. 

• Registered Users Posts: 37 canalman

mike2084 wrote: »
    Having the exact same issue as you. This has been raised a number of times over on Eir's community forum at eir.ie where they just tell you to ring them and have your swaps reset but it fails to recognise the device as soon as you log out again. 
    Yes, it means I would have to ring every day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭eir: Ciara

Hi Canalman,

Thank you for getting in touch :) 

I am very sorry to hear this. Unfortunately, you will need to contact our technical support team directly on 1901 (option 4).

-Ciara

eir: Ciara wrote: »
    Hi Canalman,

I am very sorry to hear this. Unfortunately, you will need to contact our technical support team directly on 1901 (option 4).

Ciara
    Thanks-

eir: Ciara wrote: »
    Hi Canalman,

Ciara
    Thanks-
    No worries at all :)

-Ciara

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭mike2084

Just an update on this, I contacted the eir Sport helpline earlier today and spoke to a very helpful operator. She told me that they had gotten a lot of reports on this problem and they are working to try and rectify it. She cleared my device slot and said I should be able to register it again. They also took my details of what OS, browser I was using etc as they are trying to see if certain systems are causing it. Anyway since I've re-registered, touch wood, the streams are working again and I can log in and out again. If your having this problem do give them a call as they are interested in sorting this and building up knowledge of what is causing it.  

• Registered Users Posts: 6,400 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Hi Ciara,

Is it possible to watch Eir Sport with your My Eir account if accessed via Virgin Broadband or on 3G/4G on Three?

I seem to be able to login to My Eir for bills etc but when I try to login for the sports, it doesn't login. Is that normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

Can't access this either. Just got the broadband today.

Got the sports channels on the tv no bother.
    But when I tried to register for eir sport app it won't allow me.

Can't access this either. Just got the broadband today.

Got the sports channels on the tv no bother.
    But when I tried to register for eir sport app it won't allow me.
    Hi Diceyreilly,

Thank you for getting in touch :) I am very sorry to hear this :( 

Have you registered to myeir? 

-Ciara

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

did OP ever get this issue sorted? Im having the same issue and im told they can't let me register any more devices for the rest of the month

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

oranbhoy67 wrote: »
    did OP ever get this issue sorted? Im having the same issue and im told they can't let me register any more devices for the rest of the month
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]oranbhoy67,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Can you PM me your account number, email address & name & I will arrange to have your installed devices removed.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela [/font]

Still the same, I get eirsport once a month and then I'm locked out again. I have given up on tech support as it takes so long and then I lose it again. I uninstalled cc cleaner but the problem still persisted.I am going to install it on my phone next month as it may stay on that.

Still the same, I get eirsport once a month and then I'm locked out again. I have given up on tech support as it takes so long and then I lose it again. I uninstalled cc cleaner but the problem still persisted.I am going to install it on my phone next month as it may stay on that.
    mines has stayed on my phone  - so far ..and Pamela thanks but i got the PC deregistered thru chat even though the guy on the phone had told me i had no more swaps left.. are you guys looking into this ??   its not a new complaint .. I'm just waiting for it to happen to me again

Hi  canalman,

Can you PM me your account number, email address & name & I will arrange to have your installed devices removed.

Thanks,
    Pamela 

mines has stayed on my phone  - so far ..and Pamela thanks but i got the PC deregistered thru chat even though the guy on the phone had told me i had no more swaps left.. are you guys looking into this ??   its not a new complaint .. I'm just waiting for it to happen to me again
    Hi  oranbhoy67,

Is this issue not resolved for you now?

Thanks,
    Pamela 

Hi  oranbhoy67,

Thanks,
    Pamela 
    its been "resolved" 4 or 5 times now just for it to happen again, I only watch Celtic , Ireland or UFC on it so haven't ben on it lately to check but will check soon and will let your team know if it happens again which at this stage I fully expect to happen as all that i know that has been done on  eirs  side is a device has been took of my registered list so i can add another device ( which is actually the same one just that the app doesn't recognise it anymore ) 

Hi  oranbhoy67,

Thanks,
    Pamela 
    its been "resolved" 4 or 5 times now just for it to happen again, I only watch Celtic , Ireland or UFC on it so haven't ben on it lately to check but will check soon and will let your team know if it happens again which at this stage I fully expect to happen as all that i know that has been done on  eirs  side is a device has been took of my registered list so i can add another device ( which is actually the same one just that the app doesn't recognise it anymore ) 
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]If you need any assistance please do feel free to PM me [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]oranbhoy67.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

Hi Pamela,

Sent you one last PM can you please have a look at it as looking to sort my bills out before I head away on hols

Hi Pamela,

Sent you one last PM can you please have a look at it as looking to sort my bills out before I head away on hols
    No problem diceyreilly,

Thanks,
    Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 1 smccquery

I have just joined Eir and am experiencing this issue with EirSport live.  The wait times for Eir support is horrendous, and i have tried contacting the Eir contact directly but was told to call the suport line.  

Had anybody figured out the fix for this issue?   I have checked and the Eir cookie appears to be there but it still doesn't recognize the previously registered PC.  This of course leads to the issue of limitation on the number of "changes" even though its not an actual change.

• Advertisement

smccquery wrote: »
    I have just joined Eir and am experiencing this issue with EirSport live.  The wait times for Eir support is horrendous, and i have tried contacting the Eir contact directly but was told to call the suport line.  

Had anybody figured out the fix for this issue?   I have checked and the Eir cookie appears to be there but it still doesn't recognize the previously registered PC.  This of course leads to the issue of limitation on the number of "changes" even though its not an actual change.
    are you using cc cleaner that was my problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭eir: Sarah

Hi All,

This support link with the most up to date troubleshooting steps may help you.

[font=Calibri", "sans-serif]https://www.eir.ie/support/eir-sport/Swapping-eir-Sport-devices/
    [/font]

Thanks,

Sarah

Advertisement