Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Record - Pulse?

Options
  • 02-08-2016 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Recently sent off a request for details on my Garda record... (Freedom of information act)

Gave brief details as cant remember the trouble I got into in college 15 years ago (never got arrested but did lodge complaints about some local scumbags and made various 999 calls over years due to harassment from neighbours)....

Nothing showed up on the returned letter (Not even speeding fines or being caught for urination in public place when at a stag night 3 years ago where I paid the fine!)...

Can I appeal this or wasting my time to see whats actually on my Pulse record? Its more of general interest instead of an actual necessity.... Should I phone the Superintendent who checked out my file to ask why no details?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

I recall a Gárda telling me some years ago that only some stations in the country had access to a PULSE terminal, and that it was a slow job entering data.

I doubt if the matters you listed would or should find their way onto PULSE - I assume it is for rather more serious matters

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

Penalty points wont show up. Generally searches, offences, court appearances and reported crimes made by you are all youll get access too. The system is simply a recording system for interactions with the public.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭SOPHIE THE DOG

You are thinking about lodging an appeal to a letter from the Gardai saying you have a clean record.........................?????????

• Registered Users Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭source

Op, did you write to AGS making a data subject access request and paying the associated fee or did you just write to them asking for your Garda records.

The former will give the information you're looking for, to a point. The latter will tell you if you have a criminal record. (Criminal record will display incidents you've been found guilty of in court).

Sounds to me like you went looking for one when you meant the other.

Advertisement