Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Watch!

• 02-08-2016 12:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭

I'm in the market for a new watch. I'm posting here rather than in the Watches and Timepieces forum because it's more of an accessory I'm after, rather than a watch of amazingly good quality.

I have a few specifications I'm looking for, so hopefully you guys will have recommendations for me!
    • Leather strap - I want to wear it with black and navy outfits, so maybe a brown strap is my best bet?
    • Gold casing - I have a silver watch already, I want a gold one as an alternative. But yellow gold, not rose gold!
    • Not too distracting! I've seen a few lovely watches that would fit the bill, but the watch face is covered in a floral pattern or some design that makes it hard to actually read the time. A plain(er) watch face would be ideal.
    • Around €100. I don't really have much more than that to spend.

I really like the Olivia Burton Timeless collection: http://www.oliviaburton.com/timeless-c34
    Unfortunately, the only watch in that collection with a gold casing has a taupe strap, which I'm not mad about. Something along this style would be good though.

Any suggestions? :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Watch Shop has this one under 100:
    http://www.watchshop.com/ladies-olivia-burton-big-dial-watch-ob13bd09-p99962764.html

You could also try Amazon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Story Bud?

I just bought a Kate Spade watch in Kildare Village yesterday. I wanted something very similar to what you're describing but on a trip to house of fraser last week I fell in love with the KS watches.

I got a watch that was €199 in HoF, for €99.75 in WatchStation in Kildare. Not what you're looking for (wasn't originally for me either!) but still a great bargain.

13902745_10154462402385984_3425021662821457653_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=ae54d78ca4bf39c20fce4472a27023e0&oe=583038C2

They also have Daniel Wellington, Skagen, Marc Jacobs all with serious discounts and all of whom have watches to match your description. Skagen is what I probably would have bought if this one hadn't caught my attention.

Might be worth a trip there if you've a day free :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

Thanks to you both! I was thinking about a trip to Kildare village anyway, so that's a good push for me to mosy on down there :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

I love the Nixon time tellers - they are a small neat watch so perhaps not what you're looking for - I have the rose gold black strap one.

http://www.nixon.com/nl/en/small-time-teller-leather/A509.html

I got it for about 50e on ebay - I'd recommend having a look on Asos (but maybe buying elsewhere as they have got so dear).

Defo second the recommendation for Kildare village - saw some lovely Skagen watches down there and they had an additional discount the day I was down so you could get lucky

Advertisement