Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sonic Youth/ Nirvana Cork - 25 Year Anniversary on former Sir Henry's Site

Options
  • 02-08-2016 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

That famous photo of Kurt Cobain balancing on one leg was taken on August 20th 1991 outside the Deep South which at the time was known as the back of Sir Henry's on Grand Parade in Cork. On August 20th this year it will be 25 years since that legendary Sonic Youth / Nirvana gig took place at the very same venue.
    Cork Alternative Rock band Paradox will be playing a special event celebrating this legendary Sir Henry's gig 25 years later in the very same grounds as the original venue which is now the Deep South on Grand Parade on Sat. August 20th 2016.

There will be an outdoor stage in the beer garden at the back of Deep South which back in the day was the original site of Sir Henry's where the legendary gig took place. Full set of Nirvana tunes and many more in the bag. Doors 9pm and it's Free Adm.

To coincide with this event there will also be a week long fanzine exhibition taking place at the Cork City Libraries from August 16th to August 27th titled 'Sunny Days are here again'. Organised by Circa'91 the exhibition will feature various original Cork fanzines from the end of the 80's/early 90's as well as various posters, photos and artwork.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Slates

Hi All, I have seen this band twice over the past few months and I would recommend them. If you are a Nirvana you should go to the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,366 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Who's the Sonic Youth tribute?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 ScottScott

Very interesting, But Wow, it's tomorrow! Glad I found it in time :-)

Advertisement