Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ever Buy a Bike from Evans?

Options
  • 02-08-2016 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭

Anyone have experience of buying a bike recently from Evans?

I have one ordered but the order status is still "Waiting" after 6 working days.

Just wondering what their deliveries to Ireland are like these days. Bought from them before without any problem but seem to remember delivery took a long time

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,192 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I bought a bike from them in February. 2 days from order to dispatch, then another two for delivery. Was the bike in stock when you ordered?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭cajonlardo

They said they had to collect it from one of their shops.
    It was a 2015 model and they only had a few in my size only and these sold out in a few hours. My understanding is it comes into some kind of depot from the shop and gets checked and prepared for sale and then despatched. Six working days seems long though - 8 working days if they work Saturdays. Think I will phone them

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Never order form Canyon I was waiting 12 weeks :D

OP 6 days does not seem entirely out of the norm although if they had a limited number in your size I'd be contacting them before you get the unfortunately we've sold out in your size and have this model available email.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭cajonlardo

I ph'd.

As I suspected it has gone awol in their system. No big worry but without the call they wouldn't have done anything. No idea now if I will get the bike or a refund - I suspect its going to take chasing before I get anything at all. Their call centre isn't a lot of help other than to say that they haven't a clue what is going on.

EDIT: Got a phone call back and was told delay was because the bike was not actually new !!! ( I ordered a new bike)
    It was a warranty return that was not fit for sale. Offered me an another bike at a discount and I decided to go with that. None of this ideal but I guess snags occur.

2nd Edit, ph'd them back after consideration and cancelled.
    Looked Evans up came across a few posts where buyers either found themselves in same position as me or were actually shipped bikes that were sold as new but had been returned or were damaged.

Advertisement