Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hose & housing unit recommendation please?

Options
  • 02-08-2016 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,137 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Can anyone recommend a good hose & the housing unit (e.g. the shell that the hose when wound up sits in? It's just for back and front garden, we have an outside tap on the back wall of the house.

Here is the choice Woodies have, I'd prefer not to pay €150 though! They all seem a bit plastic/not strong....

Thanks,
    Patrick.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,453 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Don't bother with the 29.95 one, its a waste of money. I have now given up on the organised ones and have scrounged a car wheel middle - I managed to get a quite small one - which I am going to screw onto a timber upright that is already there, and just loop the hose over it. Using the car wheel middle stops the hose from kinking over a smaller hook.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

I bought this one last week
    http://www.woodiesdiy.com/Product/2434-hozelock-60m-assembled-cart-with-30m-hose/23955/4.7.0
    but not from Woodies given their price of €79.99. Got the exact same model delivered from Amazon for €37.86 and happy with it so far. Insane price difference

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I have installed lots over the years & the only one worth having is the Hozelock. This reel works faultlessly & you can rewind the hose in seconds. There are several hose lengths. It is expensive but definitely worth it. B&Q have them.

http://www.hozelock.com/our-products/watering/hose-reels/wall-mounted-fast-reel-with-40m-hose/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,137 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Discodog wrote: »
    I have installed lots over the years & the only one worth having is the Hozelock. This reel works faultlessly & you can rewind the hose in seconds. There are several hose lengths. It is expensive but definitely worth it. B&Q have them.

http://www.hozelock.com/our-products/watering/hose-reels/wall-mounted-fast-reel-with-40m-hose/

Thanks, not cheap but in the long run worth it I'm sure.

dinneenp wrote: »
    Thanks, not cheap but in the long run worth it I'm sure.

Definitely. If the reel is easy to use then you use the hose more often & it gets quickly tidied away.

It also lifts off the wall for easy storage, for example in the winter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,985 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Thread hijack :D

I'm also looking to get a new hose. I had a b&q one before. It was a pretty crap hose, always getting kinks in it etc. It did however come on a really good wall mount that was tidy and you could take on and off quite easily.

I had always threatened to keep it and replace just the hose at some stage, but the mount itself has had an accident when we had builders in recently :(

In my research I can't find anything as good and tidy, most of them seem to stick out of the wall rather than mount sideways if you know what I am saying. That hoselock one above looks about the best I have seen, not spotted it before now.

I had been looking at hoselock as they do produce quality stuff alright, but I recently found a good looking Karcher one, but it's only 20 meters of hose.

Seve OB wrote: »
    Thread hijack :D

I'm also looking to get a new hose. I had a b&q one before. It was a pretty crap hose, always getting kinks in it etc. It did however come on a really good wall mount that was tidy and you could take on and off quite easily.

I had always threatened to keep it and replace just the hose at some stage, but the mount itself has had an accident when we had builders in recently :(

In my research I can't find anything as good and tidy, most of them seem to stick out of the wall rather than mount sideways if you know what I am saying. That hoselock one above looks about the best I have seen, not spotted it before now.

I had been looking at hoselock as they do produce quality stuff alright, but I recently found a good looking Karcher one, but it's only 20 meters of hose.

The thing with the Hozelock is that it rewinds faultlessly. It has a built in mechanism to ensure that the hose is spread evenly over the reel so it never snags. The separate guide roller means that it also unwinds really easily.

The hose itself is good quality & doesn't kink.

Advertisement