Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Importing a Crown Comfort

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,865 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

Wasn't there at some stage a taxi driver who used a 97 Chaser/MkII as a taxi? Used to hang around the wax museum :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,617 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Wasn't there at some stage a taxi driver who used a 97 Chaser/MkII as a taxi? Used to hang around the wax museum :D

I used to get anew Rs4 in Aberdeen. His buddy used to have an E55. Nice taxis. I remember a mint old Open Commodore or similar in Dublin up to a few years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,040 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Red Kev wrote: »
    I can't understand anyone who'd pick another Skoda Octavia over that for a taxi ride. I love it, would take it any time.

The crumple zones in that are the passengers, it is old technology, taxi's are a gamble at the best of times getting into one that will be destroyed by anything that hits it isn't ideal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭I Was VB

Del2005 wrote: »
    The crumple zones in that are the passengers, it is old technology, taxi's are a gamble at the best of times getting into one that will be destroyed by anything that hits it isn't ideal.

The what ifs in life will kill ya long before a Crown Comfort does.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭millington

There was a green 97 diesel Chaser as a taxi for years and theres a few Mark IIs aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

I just a quick look at Microcat(Toyota Parts Database), Its showing a full parts catalog, and considering that its a recent model bits should be available but up to 6/8 weeks delivery.

On the upside the Oil Filter should be on the shelf in any dealership in the country.

If you are considering importing go through one of the irish import agents, like JDM Auction Watch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

Go for it VB. You only live once and you might a well do that living in whatever way is interesting to you.

My guess is that parts won't be too hard to get at all, especially if there's an owners forum. Toyota build all their cars from the same parts bin from the Aygo to the Lexus LS. it'll just be a matter of finding out what parts it shares. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Not Japanese but if you want something big enough, a bit different, and new enough how about a late-model SAAB 9-5? There seems to be a few 2011 Auto's floating around on various sites. I think they look pretty cool and still have a bit of a retro dash going on if you're into that.

saab-9-5-1384031_17867810.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭winnie the schtink

aujopimur wrote: »
    Min VRT is €730.

not true

• Advertisement
Advertisement