Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 vs Three data speeds

Options
  • 02-08-2016 3:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭

Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I think my O2 sim (On legacy O2 plan) gets much worse data speeds then my three sim. Why is this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

You pay the same company, but you're on a different network.

Until its fully shut down you'll be on infrastructure that's not being worked on or updated.

To move you need to change to a real 3 plan and possibly get a new sim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I see what you mean. I knew they hadn't merged the billing system. I didn't realise they hadn't merged the physical network.

What I have now are 2x "three" sims. One is on an O2 plan (and thus O2 network) the other is on a Three Plan (and thus three network). Got caught thinking they were the same. But when I stuck the three sim (O2 plan) into a phone that locks to the first sim. The phone now only works with sims on a O2 plan, and not three plan.

I was swapping phones thinking it was the phone with a reception issue with regard to data. But I know realise is that the different sims are on a different network. On the O2 one I'm getting edge, on the three sim I'm getting 4G.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Yep, they're different MCC codes which the SIMs lock to. When 272-02 goes off the air you'll have to unlock that handset.

If it was purchased from 3 then their reps on the Talk2 Forum may be able to help.

Advertisement