Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lead Customer Service Agent Give Wrong Info

Options
  • 02-08-2016 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

Hi,

In March 2016 I wanted to move 25.000 from my current account to some saving account. BOI Agent recommended 365 Monthly Saving Account with 1.5 rate, but she suggest to lodge each month 1500 for next three month and then I could lodge 20.500 as a lump sum.

I sent so many email so many times to her and she never reply. Main question was - is she sure that I can lodge that sum of 20.500 as I was reading terms and conditions of that specific savings account and there was clearly said no.

So today I was off from work, went to the same bank, and same lady had no time for me. Other guy took me over and he said it's not possible to transfer above amount (!!)

It's impossible even to understand how someone in the bank can treat normal customer like that?! 25.000 wasn't enough to treat me loyal? After 10 years with you...

The final result. As I didn't want to keep my money on current account, just for basic reason - to not spend them - I need it open another saving account - lump sum -no access - with the rate -- 0.28!! -  Nothing more.

Nobody said even apologies, anything.

I did feel like this is my fault coming ONLY with 25.000.

Disappointed!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

sabinalee wrote: »
    Hi,

In March 2016 I wanted to move 25.000 from my current account to some saving account. BOI Agent recommended 365 Monthly Saving Account with 1.5 rate, but she suggest to lodge each month 1500 for next three month and then I could lodge 20.500 as a lump sum.

I sent so many email so many times to her and she never reply. Main question was - is she sure that I can lodge that sum of 20.500 as I was reading terms and conditions of that specific savings account and there was clearly said no.

So today I was off from work, went to the same bank, and same lady had no time for me. Other guy took me over and he said it's not possible to transfer above amount (!!)

It's impossible even to understand how someone in the bank can treat normal customer like that?! 25.000 wasn't enough to treat me loyal? After 10 years with you...

The final result. As I didn't want to keep my money on current account, just for basic reason - to not spend them - I need it open another saving account - lump sum -no access - with the rate -- 0.28!! -  Nothing more.

Nobody said even apologies, anything.

I did feel like this is my fault coming ONLY with 25.000.

Disappointed!
    Hi sabinalee,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.

Sincere apologies for the incorrect information given and your recent experience in Branch. Our 365 Monthly Saver Account does not allow additional lodgements and payments operate by direct debit on this type of account.

Would you like us to private message you to discuss further?

Hope to hear from you soon, 

Many Thanks
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭sabinalee

Hi Alison,

I'm not sure if I co go any further with this case. Ideal would be put an official complaint, but i will think about it.
    Its a shame I lost 1.5 rate on rest of the money and I got 0.28! instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

sabinalee wrote: »
    Hi Alison,

I'm not sure if I co go any further with this case. Ideal would be put an official complaint, but i will think about it.
    Its a shame I lost 1.5 rate on rest of the money and I got 0.28! instead.
    Hi sabinalee,

We can totally understand your disappointment and have included a link here if you decide you would like to make an official complaint with us regarding the information provided to you. 

Many Thanks
    Alison

Advertisement