Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nvhost.exe

Options
  • 02-08-2016 4:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭

Google doesn't say much, some sites say it's part of nvidias helper service and others say it's a trojan. When I booted my PC today windows smartscreen asked me if I wanted to run it or not and said it didn't know the publisher.

I've ran malwarebytes but it didn't show anything. Any info would be great

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

If malwarebyes didn't find anything then don't worry. If nvhost.exe was in some strange location, then be worried, but chances are its in its default location.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

I'd run a SpyBot S&D to be sure to be sure.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 224 ✭✭donaldtramp

Isn't MalwareBytes just for scanning malware?

Run an antivirus, CCleaner, few other tools will give you an idea of just what that program is doing.

CCleaner will tell you if it's 'slowing' your computer. Is there anything weird running in your task manager?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

I saw this thread now. Earlier today, I went through a very clunky update of the NVidia driver to Version 372.70 I thought Nvidia would design a more seamless update procedure than my experience on my 2GB Nvidia CPU.
    Personally, I'm not going to worry about it.

Advertisement