Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Named Driver

Options
  • 02-08-2016 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I got my renewal in the post this morning from Liberty - €545, an increase of about €80 I believe.

I started shopping around and got a quote online from Aviva for €397, with the other half down as a named driver. He already has car insurance with Aviva. However, we are not yet married don't live together, currently. Does this matter? I can't find anything in their terms and conditions about it!

Does anyone else have any experience they would like to share?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

_meehan_ wrote: »
    Hi All,

I got my renewal in the post this morning from Liberty - €545, an increase of about €80 I believe.

I started shopping around and got a quote online from Aviva for €397, with the other half down as a named driver. He already has car insurance with Aviva. However, we are not yet married don't live together, currently. Does this matter? I can't find anything in their terms and conditions about it!

Does anyone else have any experience they would like to share?

Doesn't matter if ye are not cohabiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Doesn't matter if ye are not cohabiting.

Thanks for the reply!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭PBWXFORD

You don't need to be married to put him as a named driver! I have the girlfriend down as named drive since 2009 which greatly reduced my insurance! I have her down as common law partner! Also have a friend down as 2nd named driver and no relation which brought it down more!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

PBWXFORD wrote: »
    You don't need to be married to put him as a named driver! I have the girlfriend down as named drive since 2009 which greatly reduced my insurance! I have her down as common law partner! Also have a friend down as 2nd named driver and no relation which brought it down more!

I know we don't have to be married :p It's just that I've noticed some companies specify whether your spouse/partner has a car insured with them at the same address.

Thanks a million for the reply though, I'm going to go ahead with the quote I got!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭PBWXFORD

Oh sorry, i read over it too quickly :)

Well as for me we are not living together either, so it shouldnt make any difference for you either although im insured with Liberty

• Advertisement
Advertisement