Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are there are replacements for an R63 light fitting.

Options
  • 02-08-2016 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi..

Has anyone successfully swapped out R63 downlights fittings with something else other than a GUI direct 1-1 replacement..?

I'm look at replacing approx 30-40 of these throughout the house and am not looking forward to it..!!

I know that its possible to replace them with an equivalent GUI-10 adjustable fitting (say a 50W halogen) - but I as hoping somehow to cover the hole with some kinda of light fitting that that might allow for say 2-3 GUI-10 leds in the "new" fitting.. That way I get a ton more light into the room.
    The R63s are pure disaster, they spend the entire time popping out

Thanks - Anthony.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

You can get a downlight adaptor plate that covers the existing hole and allows you to fit a single led bulb. Try your local electrical wholesaler

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭peter_dublin

Philips do an R63 Led Bulb.

Advertisement