Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI 365 Issue

Options
  • 02-08-2016 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭

Hi there,

Why are half the transactions on my current account missing? The balance is definitely incorrect as well. It has been like this since last Thursday. Very misleading for me as it's the time of the month to pay my bills and I rely on accurate information provided by BOI which I am not getting.
    I am missing approx 4 transactions or more. My current balance is more than it should be. I went into the bank to get a statement thinking it would be accurate but it was clearly not. 
    I am a new customer and to be honest I am not impressed with this level of service. I never had this issue with any other bank. I like to keep track of my money and I have been unable to do that. I need to know how much I need to lodge into my account to prevent from being overdrawn. Very disappointed :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi there,

Why are half the transactions on my current account missing? The balance is definitely incorrect as well. It has been like this since last Thursday. Very misleading for me as it's the time of the month to pay my bills and I rely on accurate information provided by BOI which I am not getting.
    I am missing approx 4 transactions or more. My current balance is more than it should be. I went into the bank to get a statement thinking it would be accurate but it was clearly not. 
    I am a new customer and to be honest I am not impressed with this level of service. I never had this issue with any other bank. I like to keep track of my money and I have been unable to do that. I need to know how much I need to lodge into my account to prevent from being overdrawn. Very disappointed :(

Hi Spectreon666

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.

We're sorry to hear you are having difficulties with the balance on the account.

When you mention the ''transactions are missing'', are these card transactions you are querying? With Visa Debit transactions, when you make a purchase, the transaction will appear straight away on your account. We are aware if the retailer fails to fully process this on their side, it can cause the transaction to disappear from your account only to reappear days later. Apologies we have no control over how the retailer manages the transaction on their side.

If you need further help with balance or transaction queries on your account, please do not hesitate to contact our colleagues online or by phone. 

You can log in via BOI365 Online, select our ''Online Service Desk'' facility and select ''Ask A Question'' from the drop down menu. A colleague with account access will be happy to help.

Alternatively, you can call 0818 365 365,our colleagues are available Mon-Fri 8am-12 midnight, Weekends & Bank Holidays 9am-6pm. 

If you have any further questions please feel free to get in touch again,

Many Thanks
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭Cessna_Pilot

Hi there,

The Bank holiday weekend may have something to do with it? I know a few of my own transactions were missing and only started showing today.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Spectreon666

All transactions I used my visa debit for appeared immediately on my account and all transaction amounts were correct. Then the next day some disappeared and my balance changed. 1 transaction in particular appeared then disappeared the next day and my balance increased, and no I was not refunded in any way.
    I've used AIB online and absolutely no transactions disappeared and balance was always correct 100% of the time. 

Even if it was due to the bank holiday it is still unacceptable. At the end of the day I am missing vital information and have an incorrect bank balance. This does not make banking any easier. I'm second guessing now if money due to credit my account will actually show up and my balance is corrected!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi there,

The Bank holiday weekend may have something to do with it? I know a few of my own transactions were missing and only started showing today.
    Hi Spectreon666

Please be assured our colleagues go through your transactions with you by phone on the number provided above and will be happy to answer all questions you may have relating to your account.

Many Thanks
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Starkystark

Sorry to bring this thread up but my god a year later and BOI customer are still having to deal with this. I am now overdrawn because some ATM transaction I took out on the 6th of August is only being processed now. Will now get a letter from BOI stating this - when it was their stupid system that allowed this to happen.

If you really want to see how an online banking system works - go check out Lloyds over in the U.K. A fantastic up to date system. So annoyed. Will definitely be looking into moving to another bank here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kareana

Hi Starkystark,

Thanks for your post here on Boards.

The 365 online is a live system however some transactions may not show up straight away as this depends on when the retailer makes us aware of these debts and processes them, generally our ATM transactions would show up straight away.

Can you tell me what type of ATM you used on the 6th Aug?  

Please be assured we will log your feedback.

Thanks

Kareana

Hi Starkystark,

Thanks for your post here on Boards.

The 365 online is a live system however some transactions may not show up straight away as this depends on when the retailer makes us aware of these debts and processes them, generally our ATM transactions would show up straight away.

Can you tell me what type of ATM you used on the 6th Aug?  

Please be assured we will log your feedback.

Thanks

Kareana

It was the ATM at the Maxol garage on the Straffan Road in Maynooth. This depending on the retailer is a load of BS, sorry now but it is. If Lloyd's in the UK can have real time transactions then you can. It's as simple as Balance and Available Funds. Not this load of crap where the transaction is there one day, gone next and back again when your overdrawn. From what I see its some away of effecting the hard working customers credit rating and getting a bit of extra money from them. I don't understand how you are encouraging people to use their cards when you don't have a properly functioning system for it. BOI feck around with your transactions and balances; yet if I overdraw by BOIs crap system I get an over charge and a letter in the post! Typical rip off BOI.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

It's a constant thing with Bank of Ireland now. You can't ever trust what your account balance says and transactions that appear soon after taking place seem to disappear overnight. It's honestly making me look at switching banks.

It's a constant thing with Bank of Ireland now. You can't ever trust what your account balance says and transactions that appear soon after taking place seem to disappear overnight. It's honestly making me look at switching banks.

It am definitely switching banks as soon as I finish a student loan with them in a few months time. Can't wait. This depending on retailers is a load of BS - if other banks can do it, BOI can too. Surely BOI have to be investigated for this.

Seems to be a serious ongoing issue with BOI - will be forwarding on links to these threads to the financial ombudsman.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭ellobee

BOI are living in the dark ages as far as technology is concerned
    No Apple Pay
    No Android Pay
    No real Time balances

They need to put a big push on their investment in IT infrastructure before a lot of people jump ship

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/financial-services/bank-of-ireland-to-spend-500m-on-enhancing-software-1.2815284

Reported to financial ombudsman. Whatever good it'll do but my God after researching and a quick Google of "boi transaction balance problems" I honestly don't know how this bank still exists. It actually makes me furious.

Hi Starkystark,

Sorry to hear you feel this way.

If you wish to raise this matter with the financial ombudsman you will need to log a official complaint with ourselves first.

Please see the complaints process here.

Can you please check your statement as to which bank the ATM belongs to as it should show in the description on the statement?

Thanks

Kareana

Hi Starkystark,

Sorry to hear you feel this way.

If you wish to raise this matter with the financial ombudsman you will need to log a official complaint with ourselves first.

You can found out the process here.

Can you please check your statement as to which bank the ATM belongs to as it should show in the description on the statement?

Thanks

Kareana

The link doesn't work

Hi Starkystark,

Thanks for that, I have updated the link there.

Thanks again,

Have a nice day.

Kareana

• Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

We had a car in for major repairs last week. We paid for said repairs by Visa Debit. The debit was €1800. This debit hit the account on Friday, but it disappeared over the weekend, and hasn't reappeared yet  This is a mistake  Shadow transactions are not supposed to disappear until the retailer debit is accepted. Is this issue being looked at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Ally Dick wrote: »
    We had a car in for major repairs last week. We paid for said repairs by Visa Debit. The debit was €1800. This debit hit the account on Friday, but it disappeared over the weekend, and hasn't reappeared yet  This is a mistake  Shadow transactions are not supposed to disappear until the retailer debit is accepted. Is this issue being looked at?

Hi Ally Dick,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.

It can take up to five working days for a Visa Debit card to be fully processed. Depending on how the retailer processes the transaction through out the five working days it can show up and fall off the account. If the transaction does not show up on your account once the five working days has passed I'd ask you to get back on to the retailer as they would need to have a further look into this for you.

Thanks again for your message.
    Darren.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭mikeybrennan

Having a bit of a nightmare with BOI charging me for overdrawn transactions

The balance is all over the place most of the time

Hi Ally Dick,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.

It can take up to five working days for a Visa Debit card to be fully processed. Depending on how the retailer processes the transaction through out the five working days it can show up and fall off the account. If the transaction does not show up on your account once the five working days has passed I'd ask you to get back on to the retailer as they would need to have a further look into this for you.

Thanks again for your message.
    Darren.
    I don't think you are right there  The transaction wont drop off unless it is unfulfilled by the retailer. The transaction should not disappear and reappear again. 

I don't think you are right there  The transaction wont drop off unless it is unfulfilled by the retailer. The transaction should not disappear and reappear again. 

Transactions appear and disappear and reappear on my account every week

• Advertisement

Transactions appear and disappear and reappear on my account every week
    Yes  and that's a mistake. Not the way the system was designed. It worked fine up to a few months ago. The shadow database is being dropped at weekends it seems

Yes  and that's a mistake. Not the way the system was designed. It worked fine up to a few months ago. The shadow database is being dropped at weekends it seems

I've been hit with charges ,maybe I should appeal them

Very hard to keep track of balance

I've been hit with charges ,maybe I should appeal them

Very hard to keep track of balance
    Yes you should. The system was designed to always give the customer the up to date balance including in-flight transactions. It's a mistake now that transactions are disappearing and reappearing and the balance isn't reliable anymore. You shouldn't have to pay charges when you can't see your correct balance

Yes you should. The system was designed to always give the customer the up to date balance including in-flight transactions. It's a mistake now that transactions are disappearing and reappearing and the balance isn't reliable anymore. You shouldn't have to pay charges when you can't see your correct balance

Looks like they can't take a complaint by electronic means
    https://www.bankofireland.com/help-centre/customer-complaints-process/

Quelle surprise!

It's an absolute joke with BOI. I don't know how they are getting away with it. It should be as simple as BALANCE and AVAILABLE FUNDS, like they have in England.

OK I have has it slightly wrong. Apologies to the reps  The transaction is supposed to stay on the shadow for three working days max. It is normal for the retailer to submit their file in that timeframe so that there is a seamless transition from shadow tx to permanent tx, and the tx never drops off
    If the retailer takes longer than 3 days the transaction will drop off and reappear when the retailer puts through their file. That's been the way it has worked for a number of years. Now....here is the latest problem  Point of sale transactions done early on a Friday are disappearing on Friday night and not coming back till the retailer puts through their file  This is what needs to be investigated 

P.S. the Visa Debit I did on Friday morning at 9am for €1800 disappeared Friday night My balance was overstated by the €1800 till this morning. Now the transaction has reappeared , as the garage has put through their file The transaction should have been reapplied to the shadow every night, and never dropped. Should have been reapplied Fri Sat Sun Mon and Tues night...and then retailer posting applied today. So the shadow transaction disappearing on Friday is a MISTAKE and needs to be investigated!!! This is why customer transactions start going screwy at weekends

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

OK I have has it slightly wrong. Apologies to the reps  The transaction is supposed to stay on the shadow for three working days max. It is normal for the retailer to submit their file in that timeframe so that there is a seamless transition from shadow tx to permanent tx, and the tx never drops off
      If the retailer takes longer than 3 days the transaction will drop off and reappear when the retailer puts through their file. That's been the way it has worked for a number of years. Now....here is the latest problem  Point of sale transactions done early on a Friday are disappearing on Friday night and not coming back till the retailer puts through their file  This is what needs to be investigated 

P.S. the Visa Debit I did on Friday morning at 9am for €1800 disappeared Friday night  My balance was overstated by the €1800 till this morning. Now the transaction has reappeared , as the garage has put through their file  The transaction should have been reapplied to the shadow every night, and never dropped. Should have been reapplied Fri Sat Sun Mon and Tues night...and then retailer posting applied today. So the shadow transaction disappearing on Friday is a MISTAKE  and needs to be investigated!!! This is why customer transactions start going screwy at weekends

Thanks for getting back to us here.
    We've gone in to all the details we can in relation to this but please be assured that we'll pass on all the feedback in relation to this.

Thanks again for your messages.
    Darren.  

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

Same problem, I basically use my Revolut Card now, instant notification when a payment or withdrawal or lodgement made. 

Very frustrating checking BOI balance. 

Made 3 'bricks and mortar' purchases Tuesday morning with the card

2 showed up this morning,3rd still not debited 2 working days later

Only option is to make calculations on the go manually,not great in 2017

Got charged twice for going into the red recently when my account was showing in credit

• Advertisement

Made 3 'bricks and mortar' purchases Tuesday morning with the card

2 showed up this morning,3rd still not debited 2 working days later

Only option is to make calculations on the go manually,not great in 2017

Got charged twice for going into the red recently when my account was showing in credit
    You are charged overlimit charges straight up. Ans you'll have interest and surcharges at the quarter end too 

Advertisement