Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smackdown Live 2-8-16

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

I thought this was a very good show. I enjoyed it more than Raw.

My only quibble would be what I mentioned about Raw: the fact that it's only 2 weeks in and we have guys showing up on rival shows. I want them to take the split seriously or I fear it will flop. I hope it's not going to become a thing.

Thumbs up for Smackdown this time though.

I hope we can have cross brand matches in the future when they come together at the big ppv from time to time, not all the time but it would be good to have big hitters (guys not involved in the title pictures on either show) being able to go against each other in a one off at the likes of wrestlemania or summerslam.

So when that happens I'm fine with other show talent showing up, again not all the time though. Keep it special.

Obviously if there is loads of this happening all the time it will lose its appeal pretty quickly.

I don't think they should do champion vs champion though as it obviously puts down one shows champion but say if Cena has no feud say going into a summerslam then I've no problem with him facing say Sami Zayn or something if he's also at nothing that's interesting. I'm not sure if I've explained this the right way, hopefully you get what I'm saying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭correction

That Styles/Cena promo was brilliant. These 2 could put on a genuine classic match at SummerSlam, their match at MITB was pretty good but you could tell Cena was rusty and they hadn't worked each other before but with Cena back in form and that added experience with each other I absolutely can't wait for that match.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,930 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Really good Smackdown. Really enjoyed the Ziggler progress. One thing tho wasn't Shelton meant to Debut this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Better than last week... And RE: Shelton Benjamin, I think it was a "Coming Soon" graphic shown for him last week..

And

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Loughc wrote: »
    Really good Smackdown. Really enjoyed the Ziggler progress. One thing tho wasn't Shelton meant to Debut this week?
    Promo trailer last week just said "Coming Soon"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,251 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Much better show this week. Though was kind of disappointed they replaced Apollo Creed with Apollo Crews. My first thought was he meant Consequences Creed. Genuinely forgot about Crews and wasn't until I remembered Woods was on Raw that I remembered Crews.

Liked what they did with Eva Marie. I was thinking they may do something like it every week with a match against Becky but then that would mean we wouldn't get a Becky match all those weeks. Speaking of not having matches, we've now had 2 episodes of Smackdown after they've been drafted and neither Alexa or Carmella have had a match. I know she was meant to have one but Carmella was attacked. So that was the 2 women's matches basically cut from the show. Not really a good way to go. Can say it was story building or whatever but they managed to do that okay with the guys. I guess with so few women, they have to limit the matches they get.

Liked Ziggler's promo, including the Spirit Squad reference.

As for the interviews, does that mean Renee is exclusive to SD as well? When Ambrose said he couldn't do this, I thought he was gonna say something about them being together. She looks tiny beside him

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Good promo by Ziggler, never thought I'd say that. Showed passion & like he meant every word. Take note Finn.
    Women's stuff was poor & like it existed to fill TV time. Cena's promo was well delivered, it seemed to exist to allay fears on his recent focus on his career outside wwe & rumours he'd miss the first Smackdown only ppv. American Alpha got their debut & looked good against the Vaudevillains who are hoping to avoid the fate of The Ascension. It was better than last week but it wouldn't be hard. You can see the limitations of the roster every show though. It has inferior divisions from top to bottom.
    Everything David Otunga contributes is pointless too.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

ERG89 wrote: »
    Good promo by Ziggler, never thought I'd say that. Showed passion & like he meant every word. Take note Finn.
    Women's stuff was poor & like it existed to fill TV time. Cena's promo was well delivered, it seemed to exist to allay fears on his recent focus on his career outside wwe & rumours he'd miss the first Smackdown only ppv. American Alpha got their debut & looked good against the Vaudevillains who are hoping to avoid the fate of The Ascension. It was better than last week but it wouldn't be hard. You can see the limitations of the roster every show though. It has inferior divisions from top to bottom.
    Everything David Otunga contributes is pointless too.

I guess they need a quiet person on a 3 person panel but i'd still have much prefered (may not be very popular as I think she divides some) Renee Young with Mauro & JBL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,251 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

You say about Cena allaying fears of his outside career. If I remember correctly The Rock said something very similar at one point. About how WWE is his home, etc. I'm sure if Cena started getting a load of movie role offers similar to Dwayne, he'd take them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

John Cena net worth: $35m
    Time spent by John Cena each year taking bumps: several nights per week.

Dwayne Johnson net worth: $125m
    Time spent by Dwayne Johnson each year taking bumps: approx 15 minutes (if at all).

Let's see how much longer this 'loyalty' lasts....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

I think we're in the last year or 2 of Cena as a full time guy. Once he goes over flairs record there's nothing really left to do. He'll be a part timer then. Wrestlemaina appearances and the likes while he goes and makes a few movies. And good luck to him, he's not my favorite but he's definitely earned his break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

i think weve the last of cena dull time already. hes 39 and has had a lot of injury's the last while. Plus he is getting lots of outside work presenting and tbh he deserves all the time off hes carried the company for the last ten years working full time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭correction

I think Cena will become somewhat of an Undertaker type attraction where he doesn't appear all the time but he comes back for a quality match from time to time. Taker does that just for WrestleMania (mostly) but I see Cena doing it more frequently, say 4-5 PPV matches a year but against top quality opponents so you know you're in for a good match.

Advertisement