Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat 6 cables 0.2m ?

Options
  • 02-08-2016 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

I am planning to get a 9u cabinet with a 24 port patch panel and 16 port switch. If i place the patch panel and switch together, I will need short patch cables between them. The shortest I have found is 0.3m but this will look messy. I will need as much room as possible for a NAS.

I could make them up myself but I figured buying them would be handier. What is the ideal length for this setup and where can I get them aside from china
    tks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

I am planning to get a 9u cabinet with a 24 port patch panel and 16 port switch. If i place the patch panel and switch together, I will need short patch cables between them. The shortest I have found is 0.3m but this will look messy. I will need as much room as possible for a NAS.

I could make them up myself but I figured buying them would be handier. What is the ideal length for this setup and where can I get them aside from china
    tks

These do a 0.25m at great prices

Link

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭rugrat69

Yes 0.25 mtr cords can be got ok. Makes a nice neat job of it. Wood communications Ballymount might have them for you.

Advertisement