Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HDD space reappearing

Options
  • 02-08-2016 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭

So this is an odd one. I have a 1TB hdd in my desktop. For a while now it been nearly full (22 gb left) so i started dumping some stuff (movies etc) to an external HDD.

Gained a few gigs here and there. Didn't think I had that much on it in the first place. About 20 games installed. Bunch of programs but nothing huge in terms of disk space.

Anyway, yesterday I noticed it had gone from 22 gb free to 47 and now today its gone from 47 gigs to 374 without me doing anything !!!!

Anyone have any idea whats happening here ?

Delighted to have lots of free disk space again but where the hell did it come from ??

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Did you empty the recycling bin in between checking the storage?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

I wonder could it be old restore points being cleaned out?

Either that or maybe M$FT have taken to cleaning out the Win10 junk from your hard drive. :p

Advertisement