Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin- London cheapest options

• 02-08-2016 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

I have to travel to London next week but funds are quite low. I was wondering if anyone knew the cheaper options to travel?

I've heard people say the bus/ ferry are cheap (I think I heard £25!) but the only option I can find is eurobus which is 64 dublin to london

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

lolalily wrote: »
    Hi,

I have to travel to London next week but funds are quite low. I was wondering if anyone knew the cheaper options to travel?

I've heard people say the bus/ ferry are cheap (I think I heard £25!) but the only option I can find is eurobus which is 64 dublin to london

TIA

You won't get the bus for that cheap anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Look up rail and sail prices. I might have a stenna line discount voucher I could throw your way as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Nomis21

Megabus is the cheapest. Seems they only go from Rosslare now...

http://uk.megabus.com/

9th August...

Departs 20:15 Rosslare , Europort

Arrives 09:40 London , Victoria Coach Station

13hrs 25mins

£24.00

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

lolalily wrote: »
    Hi,

TIA

Ryanair to Stansted for 19.99 on Tuesday or Wednesday, some of them 23 ish euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Vic_08

Effects wrote: »
    Look up rail and sail prices. I might have a stenna line discount voucher I could throw your way as well.

€47 each way from Dublin port. Discounts not usually valid on sail-rail fares.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,836 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Mr.S wrote: »
    Sail & Rail usually works out the cheapest when you factor in transport from the London airports to the City.

Try and get the sailings that arrive on the direct train to Euston, or else you have a hell journey.

Exactly - the 08:05, 08:20 and 08:45 sailings all connect into direct trains.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Do Irish Ferries not do sail and rail to london via Rosslare? web looks like Dubin prices on it only

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,836 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

vicwatson wrote: »
    Do Irish Ferries not do sail and rail to london via Rosslare? web looks like Dubin prices on it only

No - only route from Rosslare with SailRail is Stena via Fishguard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Vic_08

vicwatson wrote: »

There are still boat trains to connect with the 2 Stena sailings in Fishguard.

Despite there being a Pembroke Dock rail station it is about 2kms from the ferry terminal.

Megabus run a connecting bus to/from the night sailings that can be booked through from Rosslare.

Eurolines run a through service on the same night sailings.

Eurolines is quicker 1h-1h40 mainly due to arriving/departing Pembroke quickly while there is a longer wait with Megabus.

Advertisement