Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice Pubs in Dublin 7 or 15?

Options
  • 02-08-2016 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭

Hi. I'm going to be in Dublin next week for work and staying in the Dublin 7 / 15 area. I'm just wondering if anybody could recommend a nice pub
    1. for lunch
    2. for a drink at night.

They may not be the same pubs as I'm sure some are better for lunch, while others may have more atmosphere at night.
    Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

The Hole in the Wall is a lovely pub. I'm not sure they do lunch but Cumiskey's up the road does a lovely carvery.

Another good spot (but closer to town) is L.Mulligan Grocers for both food and drink.

I'm not sure if the 12th Lock is open or closed these days but it's also nice.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

I live very close to The Hole In The Wall and I agree that it has a very good food offer. I would recommend it. Mulligans in Stoneybatter also has a very good menu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

SB_Part2 wrote: »

I'm not sure if the 12th Lock is open or closed these days but it's also nice.

Closed.

I like the Dice bar for a drink, definitely hole in the wall for food

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Yep, The Holer is a great pub for both food and drink (craft beer on tap, and in the off licence, run of the mill pints too of course), and they do lunch.

LMG has been mentioned, and is a craft pub, so beware if that's not strictly your thing. Great food but.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭Walter H Price

Hole in the wall is a great spot , the Halfway House is quality too for food and drink

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Rakish Paddy

For a drink at night, Walsh's in Stoneybatter FTW!

If you appreciate really good traditional music, the Cobblestone on Smithfield Square is a great spot to stop for a few pints.

Any time I'm in Mulligan's I always end up thinking it's both overrated and overpriced, but maybe that's just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭shakin

If you appreciate really good traditional music, the Cobblestone on Smithfield Square is a great spot to stop for a few pints.

Any time I'm in Mulligan's I always end up thinking it's both overrated and overpriced, but maybe that's just me.

+1 On mulligans.

Prefer O'Garas myself, great pint there

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Technically Dublin 8 but Ryans on Parkgate Street is great for both food and drink

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

On Blackhorse Ave, my fav is Cumiskeys followed by The Hole in the Wall.. The food in Cumiskeys is unreal.

The Cobblestone in Smithfield is another fav of mine.

Someone mentioned The Dice Bar, its ok for music but the staff leave a lot to be desired. I've been dragged in kicking and screaming a few times, never liked it.

Oh The Hole in the Wall and Cumiskeys on Blackhorse Ave are without a minutes walk from each other so worth checking those out first.

If you're a smoker then Cumiskeys has a heated (and covered) smoking area.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

+1 for Walsh's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I like Walsh's in Stoneybatter and Oscars in Smithfield is nice for food/quick drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Diane Selwyn

The Brian Boru aka Hedigans is nice for a meal and also have trad in the front bar sometimes if you are Phibsborough end of D7

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

The Brian Boru aka Hedigans is nice for a meal and also have trad in the front bar sometimes if you are Phibsborough end of D7

The Brian Boru D7?

I'm surprised nobody mentioned Frank Ryan's. Love that place. You'll get no food bar a toastie mind.

Birneybau wrote: »
    The Brian Boru D7?

No but if
    you are Phibsborough end of D7

it's not that much further to stroll over Crossguns and go into the BB

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

I know D15 better. Pub in rathborne isn't bad. Myos an old staple. De bruns OK. Carpenter. Halfway House. Wetherspoons ok for what it is. Castkeknock hotel. McGowans in Phibsboro. Posts like this make you miss the 12thlock.

Which pub in Rathborne? The Canal bar? It's a terrible place.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Icemancometh

Birneybau wrote: »
    The Brian Boru D7?

I'm surprised nobody mentioned Frank Ryan's. Love that place. You'll get no food bar a toastie mind.

Great bar!

In D15, the Carpenter is a good for a pint, and they also do decent food. Not crazy about any of the other pubs in D15 to be honest.

Advertisement