Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AEG ergorapido 18v

• 02-08-2016 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I bought one of those cordless vacume cleaners about 18 months ago and was extremely happy with it until last week when it was only running for about 5 mins from full charge..turns out to be Li battery deterioration from some research and testing..and of course the battery is not covered in the 2 year warranty. Only fix online was to replace the hand unit at a cost of 65gbp plus postage... All in would have been the best part of €100 and I think I paid €150 for the whole unit..I was going to buy it when I realized I would likely be in the same boat again in another 18 months so I went about researching replacing the batteries. There Were 5 in my machine samsung sdi 120 inr18650-15l and when I contacted a lad on eBay be gave me the replacement options of samsung 15M 1500mAh ,Sony VTc3 1600mAH , LG HB6 1600mAh Samsung 20R 2000mAH
    all rated 20Amp and above. I went with the Samsung 20R 2000mAH hopeing the increased 500mAH would increase my runtime.

Batteries arrived today and I installed them without much hassle, but of cutting and soldering making sure + and - are not mixed up from the original configuration whole job took about 45mins and low and behold she didn't blow up when I switched it on. Put the unit in to fully charge and tested it.

Absolutely delighted with the results, the runtime is about 10mins more than the original spec on high power. I do expect these batteries to also degrade over time but all in the cost was €30 delivered so if I need to do this again in 18 months I can live with that.

Hope this helps anyone in the same situation

Regards
    Andy

Advertisement