Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2 hours late paying M50 toll?

Options
  • 02-08-2016 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭

Hi,

I was about two and a half hours late at paying that eflow M50 toll. Would I still receive a late payment notice?

Thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,920 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Hi,

I was about two and a half hours late at paying that eflow M50 toll. Would I still receive a late payment notice?

Thanks.
    The answer is in the question ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,222 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Give them a ring and I'll bet they will drop the late penalty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭shietpilot

Just pay it and I bet you won't receive a penalty charge!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭the dark phantom

I was a day over once, I paid it and heard nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,067 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

Hi,

Thanks.

No, you won't receive penalty.

In me experience, if you pay it before their opening hours next working day, penalties won't be issued.

F.e. if you crossed on Tuesday, had to pay before 8pm on Wednesday, but paid 5am on Thursday, then it's all good - no penalty.

If you pay however at 10am on Thursday, then penalty will be issued most likely.

Also you can take it way longer outside working days.

F.e. you crossed Thursday, had to pay by 8pm on Friday, but forgot to.
    Let's assume following Monday is bank holiday, so next working day is Tuesday. So if you pay it say at 5am on Tuesday, you still will be OK - no penalties.

BTW - I'm basing it only on my own experience.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

I've often paid an hour or so after 8pm before and heard nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭jimbis

I rang them before with the same question and the girl said once it's in before midnight then it's fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭savagethegoat

I think if it will accept the payment you're OK

• Registered Users Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭Means Of Escape

Hi,

Thanks.

Regardless it's the greatest rip off in the country
    People piss n moan about water charges and between toll fees and road tax this is a far bigger burden
    Nothing being done
    Cash cow of the highest order.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭chocksaway

I've paid 3 days late and was never issued a notice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭Means Of Escape

chocksaway wrote: »
    I've paid 3 days late and was never issued a notice

Did you have to pay a penalty after the 3 days ?

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭chocksaway

Nope. Paid when i remembered, so maybe they hadnt got round to issuing it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,348 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

To be fair to them they are unbelievably good about late payments. None of the computer says no crap.
    For my first offence they wrote off 94 euro as long as I paid there and then the normal price for 2 journeys.
    For my second offence, they dropped it to twice the journey amount as long as I signed up for an account.
    Can't say fairer than that.

Advertisement