Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moved home from abroad < 2 years. Did not drive abroad

Options
  • 02-08-2016 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭

I have been trying to get a quote and it has been a nitemare. I did not drive abroad and before I went I had 3 years NCB. I tried the AA and they said to contact brokers directly as they cannot give a quote as I was non resident for the last 12 months. It is head wrecking. I have managed to get a quote of Allianz. I haven't managed to get one elsewhere yet but the quote from Allianz is way higher than it was 2 years ago. I have heard that insurance has gone up but this is a 60% increase. Is this the norm?!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭z6vm1dobfnca3x

Allianz gave me a quote of €3,800 a few days ago. I've been driving for 6 years...

Best advice is to shop around. You will eventually get one reasonable quote.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

I was abroad for two years with one year ncb before I left. I found it difficult too but first ireland gave me a good deal on my provisional. this was last year mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,329 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I think NCB lapses after 2 years?

Go back to your previous insurer.

If not happy with their quote, get letter stating NCB.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

Thanks so much everyone. I went with Axa :)

Advertisement