Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

240vac to 16vac 40va power supply

Options
  • 02-08-2016 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭

Following up on a previous post I've now been reliably informed that i need a 240vac to 16.5vac 40 va power supply and NOT 16vdc as I was originally advised.I've searched high and low on the web and have found nothing other than an American 120vac.

Would anyone have an idea where I could possibly locate one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

2011 might help you there, now that its AC to AC its easier, he might know someone that will make you for you, send him a PM

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭retepnosnikta

Stoner wrote: »
    2011 might help you there, now that its AC to AC its easier, he might know someone that will make you for you, send him a PM

Thanks for the prompt reply. I'll certainly drop him a pm as you suggest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭whizbang

I would be fairly confident that the 16.5v quoted is a generic voltage, and is not critical..?

This is a 15Vac, the 18V one is cheaper:
    http://ie.rs-online.com/web/p/chassis-mounting-transformers/0504622/

whizbang wrote: »
    I would be fairly confident that the 16.5v quoted is a generic voltage, and is not critical..?

This is a 15Vac, the 18V one is cheaper:
    http://ie.rs-online.com/web/p/chassis-mounting-transformers/0504622/

The + - output is going directly to an alarm control panel and the output above is what is stipulated by the manufacturer so I couldn't be certain how flexible that figure is.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

A 230 / 16.5 VAC 10 VA transformer sounds like a door bell transformer to me. You should check a few of them out.

I used this crowd on a recent project. They built me a small (about 4 kVA) 3 phase isolation transformer with some very specific requirements that we required for commissioning purposes. I don't know if they would build anything as small as 40 VA. Obviously your transformer has to be a minimum of 40 VA. Anyway I found them very good.

• Advertisement

2011 wrote: »
    A 230 / 16.5 VAC 10 VA transformer sounds like a door bell transformer to me. You should check a few of them out.

I used this crowd on a recent project. They built me a small (about 4 kVA) 3 phase isolation transformer with some very specific requirements that we required for commissioning purposes. I don't know if they would build anything as small as 40 VA. Obviously your transformer has to be a minimum of 40 VA. Anyway I found them very good.

That's exactly what I was looking for 2011. A name and an assembler. Much appreciated.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

That's exactly what I was looking for 2011. A name and an assembler. Much appreciated.

No bother.
    Let us know how you get on.
    As stated above, I found them great to deal with.

No bother.

I certainly will. Made contact with them and very helpful indeed. Oh what a joy to talk to people who actually understand what you require. Again thanks for the heads up on that.

No bother.

Just a follow up.Transformer assembled and working. Just a few gremlins at my end to iron out. Unbelievable build quality too. A treat to see compared to that Chinese junk that's manufactured these days. Once again 2011 thanks for the heads up on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Lots of good Chinese stuff, never gets imported by "entrepaneeurrrs" though

• Advertisement

Just a follow up.Transformer assembled and working. Just a few gremlins at my end to iron out. Unbelievable build quality too. A treat to see compared to that Chinese junk that's manufactured these days. Once again 2011 thanks for the heads up on that.

No problem.
    Good luck with it.

Advertisement