Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with bill

Options
  • 03-08-2016 12:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭

I have recently got an amended bill dated for  7 Jan 16 to 13 Jun 16. I have an issue with this . On the 7th of January I switch to the pay as you go tariff with the smart meter but switched back to the normal tariff within the 4 week cooling off period. 

It seems I was never actually taken off the PAYG tariff and have received an invoice for 159 days which has the PAYG daily standing charge on it added into it. I also did not receive an email about this bill, I just happened to log in to see when my next bill would be coming. 
    This new invoice has nothing to do with my current usage of electricity and I now will not get a proper bill until the 12th of September, 3 months since my last bill which will mean huge bill in September. 

Last week I rang about this and was switched back to the Domestic Urban tariff but my account is saying that there is an over due bill ( which is made up of the PAYG daily charge that I should never have been charged). I also entered a meter reading that has not shown up on my account on the EI website.

The PAYG daily standing charge for this period adds up to €46 (inc vat) and the amended bill which shows all the standing charges,PSO levy and rate changes + my payments for the 6 months is €42.92. These might not seem like large amounts but this is very frustrating as I should never have been charged the PAYG charge.

When I rang last week the guy on the phone couldn't explain what was going on with my acc. I have also uploaded this as a query on the Electric Ireland website but did not get contacted back.

Regards

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi googled eyes,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Please send us a private message and we will look into this for you as soon as we can. We will need the following details.
    • Your full name
    • Your account number
    • The first line of your address
    • Your contact number or date of birth
    • Confirmation you are the account holder (a sentence stating this is sufficient)

We can then check your account for you.

Thanks,
    Aoife

________

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Thats done Aoife

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi googled eyes,

Thank you for getting back to us.

We have responded to your private message.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
    Aoife

Advertisement