Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Birthday gifts

Options
  • 03-08-2016 12:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post. (Mods please move if not appropriate for this forum). I have a family member on the spectrum and their birthday is coming up soon and I would like some advice on a gift to get for him. He is starting his last year of preschool and is recently diagnosed. Are there any toys or activities that you'd recommend? He loves 'feely' things and has some small lights and lamps so I would love to get him something that would be of use to him.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭mohawk

Wellyd wrote: »
    Sorry if this is the wrong place to post. (Mods please move if not appropriate for this forum). I have a family member on the spectrum and their birthday is coming up soon and I would like some advice on a gift to get for him. He is starting his last year of preschool and is recently diagnosed. Are there any toys or activities that you'd recommend? He loves 'feely' things and has some small lights and lamps so I would love to get him something that would be of use to him.

What are his interests? Buying toys based on his interests is always a winner.

The below website is well worth a browse if you want to get something that will aid his development.
    Like if he struggles with motor skills they have toys that can help develop those skills. At that age my son was behind with fine motor skills and OT recommended Lego.

http://www.thinkingtoys.ie/

Advertisement