Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adding some kind of holder to window covers? And other ways to improve ventilation?

Options
  • 03-08-2016 7:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I have purchased a Homestore and More "4-5 person" dome tent some weeks ago, and have just tried it in a 2 person camping trip for three nights.

I found that it's pretty easy to put up and take down (though not for one person), and that for two people plus small dog it has a lot of space, so it would probably sleep four plus small dog. But the main issue is ventilation. In fact, when the night got rainy, I suspected at first that the tent was leaking right through the material, but found the drops were from condensation, and disappeared when I opened a small hole in the entrance.

I guess if it's not well ventilated for two people it would be even worse for four. So, I would like to find out a way to increase ventilation.

The tent has two mesh side windows, covered with slaps of tent material, held at the bottom by two Velcro patches each. One can roll the covers up but obviously this opens the tent to the rain.

More expensive tents have ways to hold windows ajar using some sort of fixings that atach to Velcro both on the tent and on the window cover slap.

I wonder if one could somehow retrofit such a solution to this tent?

And/or what else could I do to improve ventilation in this tent?

Thanks!

Advertisement