Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 10 - Left click not working on some Taskbar buttons...?

• 03-08-2016 10:09am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭

In the last couple of weeks (since an update? I'm not sure.) the left mouse button no longer works on some buttons.

If I left-click on the Windows button (extreme left of screen) to shut down, nothing happens. I have to right-click to do so.

Also, if I left-click on the speakers button - nothing happens. Again I have to right-click to make it work.

Am I imagining things?

Thanks.

D.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 RianF2

I've been having this issue too but i think its more my mouse. Sometimes it won't register a click so I'll have to press down really hard on the left button. Maybe check if its the mouse

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

This happened me a few weeks back as well, it's not just you!
    I found the solution here on boards, you've to enter a long command (copy and paste) into a window similar to the cmd window. Use search and you should find the thread (I'm on my phone so will struggle to link to it).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Dinarius

Thanks for the quick reply.

I should have written that it happens with my laptop (wired mouse), but not with my desktop (Logitech wireless mouse) sitting next to it and both running Windows 10.

I wonder if something could have changed in the mouse settings - if so, where should I be looking?

Thanks again.

D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Dinarius

Update:

Yesterday, the same laptop got caught in a re-boot loop. When I (right-clicked) on the Start button and chose Shut Down, it would shut down and then reboot automatically.

In the end I just unplugged it.

This morning, I plugged it in and started it. After checking email, I then turned it off via the right mouse button - no problem.

Then later this morning, I went to turn it off after another session, and I notice that the left mouse button was working again, with no intervention from me.

Must have been some automatic update that fixed it? Not sure.

Anyway, all is well now.

D.

Advertisement