Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice pub in Ballinrobe or nearby

• 03-08-2016 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭

I'm meeting a distant relative in a pub in Ballinrobe towards the weekend to go over some interesting family history stuff (a shared interest).
    I'm in Claremorris and they are heading back to West Galway.
    We've decided to meet in Ballinrobe (or closeby) as it suits his journey and I am 20mins away in Claremorris.

Anyone recommend a nice cosy pub ?

-ifc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

I'd suggest either Carney's or Flannery's Bistro. Both serve food so you will be able to get a cup of tea/coffee and a scone etc. Also, you would have a bit more peace as town will probably be busy with drinkers for the Mayo game.

If it was me I'd go for Carney's. If meeting up on Saturday you could also meet up in McHughs Tea Shop or Cafe Loire as well.

If it's a pub and you don't mind a bit of banter/horses/football then I'd head to Inch's (Fitzpatricks).

Hope this helps.

Advertisement