Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bringing money on holidays

Options
  • 03-08-2016 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hi,

I am going to greece shortly and was wondering the best way to take out money abroad . if i use my visa debit card will i be charged every time i use it? or will using my credit card be better?
    thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

helen87 wrote: »
    Hi,

I am going to greece shortly and was wondering the best way to take out money abroad . if i use my visa debit card will i be charged every time i use it? or will using my credit card be better?
    thanks in advance
    Hi helen87

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.

As you will be using your cards in Greece and their currency is Euro, there will be no additional charges (cross border fees) on either card.

Please advise us of your travel plans by logging into via BOI365 Online, select our Online Service Desk facility and for notice on the credit card please select ''Credit Card Travel Notification'' and for the Visa Debit you can submit this under the ''Ask A Question'' option.

We hope the information helps, if you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

We hope you have a lovely time on holidays! 

Many Thanks
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭helen87

Hi,

thanks in advance
    Hi helen87

As you will be using your cards in Greece and their currency is Euro, there will be no additional charges (cross border fees) on either card.

Please advise us of your travel plans by logging into via BOI365 Online, select our Online Service Desk facility and for notice on the credit card please select ''Credit Card Travel Notification'' and for the Visa Debit you can submit this under the ''Ask A Question'' option.

We hope the information helps, if you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

Many Thanks
    Alison
    ok i will thanks but can i ask what is the advantage of doing this? 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi,

thanks in advance
    Hi helen87

Many Thanks
    Alison
    Hi helen87,

Our Card Security Team monitor our customers debit and credit cards. 

If transactions appear out of course on a customers account, i.e  foreign transactions, large withdrawals/ purchases, our Team may try contact you to advise you of the transactions in case of possible fraud.

If they are unable to reach you to confirm if transactions are genuine, they may place a hold on the card to prevent possible further fraud on your card. 

Contact could be made by SMS, email or a call to you ,it would be helpful for the Card Security Team to be aware upfront if you are using the card abroad.

Hope this helps explain the travel notification request, if we can further please do get back to us,

Many Thanks
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭helen87

Hi,

thanks in advance
    Hi helen87

Many Thanks
    Alison
    Hi helen87,

If transactions appear out of course on a customers account, i.e  foreign transactions, large withdrawals/ purchases, our Team may try contact you to advise you of the transactions in case of possible fraud.

If they are unable to reach you to confirm if transactions are genuine, they may place a hold on the card to prevent possible further fraud on your card. 

Contact could be made by SMS, email or a call to you ,it would be helpful for the Card Security Team to be aware upfront if you are using the card abroad.

Hope this helps explain the travel notification request, if we can further please do get back to us,

Many Thanks
    Alison
    ok thats great thanks il do that now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

Hi,

thanks in advance
    Hi helen87

Many Thanks
    Alison
    Hi helen87,

Many Thanks
    Alison
    ok thats great thanks il do that now
    You're welcome, have a lovely holiday.

Tara C

• Advertisement
Advertisement